Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Moanie Moanie

Hi all...

Not been about properly for a bit due to hospital visits working in new job etc etc BUT i need to have a rant lol

Recently got told Visa Electron is going to be no more for over the counter buying.. If you are a youngster and open an account this sort of card is what you will get....... I used mine online the other night to be asked for ID that i was over 18 and the fact i wasnt money laundering!! It was for a £6 purchase!!

Anyway been in hospital this morning for a mini op and went to town after to go to the bank.. Didnt want an O/D didnt want a loan didnt want a credit card JUST a card i can use!..
    " Oh we will do a credit check Miss B..."
    " Oh well thats me stuffed as i dont owe anyone and have no credit rating"
    " Oh well we will check anyway".... now 2 months ago i tried and i got refused...So he does the check and ..... I pass!!!

I pick myself up from the floor as hes saying to me...
    "Oh its said you can also have a credit card as well... but sadly im a mortgage adviser and im not allowed to do this im just helping out so ill have to deny you that and fail you on it..."
    "Oh ok i said... i didnt really want one anyway but thanks for nearly giving me one."
    He goes and does paperwork for my new bank account.. comes back and says
    " Lisa in the next office. (3 yards away!!) has some time and she can do your credit card application even if you dont use it will help you with your credit rating."
    "Oh ok thanks.." So off i go to Lisa's office..... to go through all the checks again.......To be denied it!!!!!
    " Oh i said. so 3 yards away i get accepted... we go next door same bank same system different person and i get denied"
    " Ill speak to my manager etc etc"
    " im not too fussed i said i wasnt after one anyway just didnt want a childs account.."
    I left...... 15 minutes later.... the mortgage man who was helping out rings me up...
    " Miss B.... Your credit card application has been accepted¬"!!!!

I miss the days of personal banking to be honest where one person decided and actually listened to you... Sorry for the rant but ive had my insides cut up today i got told theres a chance of cancer im feeling sorry for myself and needed a moan!!
    Bungee Jumping

Suicide for indecisive people.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Blimey Sam, I think a couple of iffy credit applications are the least of your worries. I hope all is ok with you and everything comes back clear.

Credit aps are a funny one, I've just had a mortgage approved, but when I go to open up another bank account today it declines??????? WTF is that all about...I have a pretty good credit history and I work in "financial services" (shall we say ) yet I try to open up a bank account with the company I work for and it has to be appealed!
    From the Southeast? Find your next meet here

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence is limited.

At least I have chicken!

WellOilBeefHooked

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks jace.. got to wait for darn tests now.. soddin 6 weeks longest ones of my life no doubt.. typical nhs not hurrying anything...

Every time i try for credit over the years the swines just come up with diff reasons.. Oh you have moved.. or... Oh the electorol... Oh you have only banked with us for 6 years. lol

Mind you i hear first direct about to start charging people just to have a bank account...... think ill keep the stuff under me mattress in future darn site easier
    Bungee Jumping

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Heard That On News This Morning, Just To Charge Them For Not Having £1500 In Their Bank!! Should Be Looked Into By The Ombudsman
    My ambition is to live forever,.. so far so good

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Credit companys are weird, i could never get a personal loan but could easily get finance for a car or a credit card. Its all strange lol.

An its bloody annoyin an very worrying havin to wait a few weeks on test results when its concernin cancer. All i can say its try an not think about it an chin up.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've never had a problem with credit, always paid it on time etc ... dont really know 100% how it works like.

Sounds like u had a rough time with it tho.
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got denied a visa debit card but offered a credit card due to my credit rating (non existent at the time due to a new job and my age). So i cant spend myown money but i can borrow other peoples?!

Anyway, i filled in a query form (like a complaints form but querying a decision the bank made) and magically i get offered my visa debit card! I think all the forms go to the manager and he sorts through them.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Scott
    I've never had a problem with credit, always paid it on time etc ... dont really know 100% how it works like.

Sounds like u had a rough time with it tho.
    From what i can gather always paying on time isnt always the way but i may be wrong lol... they seem to change credit scoring constantly still annoying when you get penalised for never oweing anyone lol
    Bungee Jumping

Status
    The Sticker Queen
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Best of luck to you Sam especially for those test results. Provided you have your health, stuff everything else.
    MINXY BUTLER-HENDERSON

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got stopped by one of those credit cards sellers (MBNA) in a motorway services earlier this year, so I decided to find out how easy it was to get a card of them.

5 mins later the form was filled complete, with no realy bank detail questions asked - only if i had one, what sort it was etc. 10 days later, I had a letter on the doormat - inside was a card with a £5K limit on it.

I sent it back!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast