Thread: US Rental Cars

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

US Rental Cars

On holiday just now in the USA with the wife. Had a few days in Florida then over to Vegas for 5 days and now back in Florida for a few before coming home.

We always book an 'economy' car and then see what we get given cos they usually don't have many small cars.

Started off with a Dodge Charger which was quite cool for a 'sedan', then a Chrysler Pacifica in Vegas which was hugely wide but had lots of gadgets. Car for last leg is a Dodge Magnum which is the really cool looking gangster-style estate. 3.5L V6 so not too slow either. Result!!
    DC5 Honda Integra
    Type-R
    Silver

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Dodge Magnum they are huge but possably the best looking estate car i have seen i bet you felt the doggs in that lol
    KIK IS inkmywholebody83

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It was cool. I considered paying to upgrade to get one - and then they gave us one anyway!
    DC5 Honda Integra
    Type-R
    Silver

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had this when I went to florida in October

A Chevy Colbalt 2.2 auto

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve T
    I had this when I went to florida in October

A Chevy Colbalt 2.2 auto

Is that classed as a compact car? I am off to Florida on the 23rd December and I am trying to work out what car I will have. In the past I had a Mitsubishi Eclipse. My hire car will be though Dollar this time.
    Now drives : 2002 Astra SRi Turbo in Black
    PREVIOUS ASTRA'S : 1990 GTE 2.0 8v | 1993 1.4 GLS | 1994 1.6 Cesaro | 1995 1.8 16v Sport

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpideyMack
    It was cool. I considered paying to upgrade to get one - and then they gave us one anyway!

Who was this with??

Just that I got well and truly ripped of with Alamo in August!!

We'd pre-booked a large 4 door saloon.
    Got to Sanford (Florida) and got talking to a really friendly guy behind the desk at Alamo. He asked how many were in my party and what cases we had, I told him, he replys that we'd struggle in the car we'd booked, so
    "I'l give you a break and upgrade you!!" his exact words!!!

So thinking this was ace we got a 7 seater SUV (some big Pontiac thing).

1 month later I got my credit card bill and found an entry from Alamo for $400!!!!!!!!

It now transpires that I signed for this upgrade - of course I signed something but thought it to be standard release forms , and after extensive phone calls to the manager at Alamo in Sanford I find I have no case.

I actually thought the guy at reception was doing me a favour and I was getting a free upgrade! On closer inspection the forms I signed give details of the extra costs - but who inspects these things after a 9 hour flight????
    He didn't mention verbally at all any of these costs - which well and truly pisses me off.
    If he had I would have questioned if and tried to see how much of a struggle the original car was!!

Alamo, as a token of good will, have knocked £50 off and my American Express (my credit card company) have investigated this for me, but to no success!

So, just be carefuly about these 'free' upgrades!

Alamo have told me may times "Sir, we don't do free upgrades!" - tossers!!
    ... indicators do not give you right of way!!!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dtm_chris
    Is that classed as a compact car? I am off to Florida on the 23rd December and I am trying to work out what car I will have. In the past I had a Mitsubishi Eclipse. My hire car will be though Dollar this time.
    Yeah it was an economy compact from alamo. As I walked towards the car lot the attendant asked me if I wanted the 5 door or the 2 door sport. What a hard decision that was!