Well after a weekend of unexpected expenditure on the car (namely new brake pads, discs and a new rear tire ) I am now experiencing a new issue....

When driving over speed bumps, or any reasonable sized bump in the road for that matter, the front left side of the suspension is making the most awful squeaking noise (very loud!). My question is thus - does this sound like the suspension/springs/shocks are finally giving up?

Its only started since i've had the stuff fitted over the weekend and although I don't want to spend any money i would rather get it sorted now before i start commuting to my new job! Although I admit I have been overloading the car over the past 2 years since I have owned it (mainly transporting huge piles of bricks, paving slabs, sand and cement back to my house from the local builders yard) I just find it strange that the car has started making this noise now and that it isn't coming from the back...

If they do require replacing I was planning on just getting lowering springs/shocks while I was at it - so secondly any suggestions on make and what would I be looking at price wise?