Thread: direct port nitrous and zlet

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

direct port nitrous and zlet

decide and im going to take the plunge of injecting the nitrous but was wondering if the zlet head could or would be able to cope with it will be looking at 100bhp jets i think only at W.O.T any info etc would be great...
    check my coupe out here been track prep'd!!
    http://www.m1gst.com/vb/showthread.php?t=80984

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sure it will cope to a point, as long as its all set up correctly and tuned for it.

if your dealing with the HIGHPOWER/Wizards of nos guys they will help alot, and they seriously know their stuff, other wise i wouldnt go much higher than 50-75hp on a std z20let. (single shot, if you are using a controller than you can go higher)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If it was me I would use a controler anyway.

Its kinder to the engine and gearbox and also allows you to run more gas.

Its also good for turbo engines as it cools the charge. 50 bhp jets would give you a bit more on a turbo engine too.
    The truth is always the truth even if you haven't realised it yet...

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    controller even if its just for strip use? are they hard to wire in?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Speak to Wizards of NOS mate.....

http://www.noswizard.com/index.php?c...8a8548af4d8a33

They really know their stuff and will only let you start off with 25bhp jets. A progressive controller can be setup to add NOS over just a few seconds, so would be good for track use. If you go for 50-100bhp injectors without it, it will only induce torque steer anyway - or bring in TC - so will work against you. You can always re-programme for quarters....

On another note - are you fitting an ATB diff too? thiws will also help.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    just had a look at there site and they have some serious equipment and they've sold me on the controller will give them a call 2moro has not keen on the direct port kit the one they showed but it does say its might differ to what you get..
    yes definatly getting a diff just unsure on which what and how much i should be looking at for one and doing the work is a bit daunting...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie69
    just had a look at there site and they have some serious equipment and they've sold me on the controller will give them a call 2moro has not keen on the direct port kit the one they showed but it does say its might differ to what you get..
    yes definatly getting a diff just unsure on which what and how much i should be looking at for one and doing the work is a bit daunting...
    Well there are a few diff's in develpoment at the moment, so I'd hold on for a few weeks/month if I were you. Either that or go directly to Quaife.

Are you keeping the F23? this may be the weak link in your plan if you are...and what about the clutch? I assume that you've already thought abou this...

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yes mate been uneducated in certain areas is why i post alot about help and advice mate lol
    was going to keep the original gearbox till it blew or something and clutch after a four paddle but regal prices too much cash... so these options still stuck on...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    go for it i say (but you probably already have lol)!

id get a progresive controler just to be safe. also make sure you have a window switch if you plan on using it off the line or at lower rpm.

Dont use N2O below 3Krpm! nitrous backfiers are not pretty!

direct port is great but adds exspence. go for a single or twin nozzel kit and put it after the intercooler, that way you can use the N2O to help reduce the intake temps.

also have you looked at a bottle heater??? even at 100bhp you might find by the end of the run your bottle preusre is quiet a bit lower than at the start! i think you use about 1lb of nitrous per 100bhp shot per 10seconds (that what the americans go on) so on a 1/4mile run you will porobably be getting through 1 lb of N2O per pass! this means after about 5 passes your bottle will not beable to maintain much presure (they say after 50% you need to refill). a bottle heater will help get the preusre up at the line, but at half track you might not have the presure there!!!!

thansk Chris.

PS. its recomended that you keep bottle presure at about 950-1050 psi under use but i guese that depends on how the kit is set up. if you run higher presures you will run lean............not good!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    he;s splitting the car now, so this thread is redundant apart from as reference.