Thread: Ford Puma or a Calibra?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Ford Puma or a Calibra?

I'm probaly going to get another car soon, and i'm considering getting either another Ford Puma 1.7 or a Vauxhall Calibra (unsure what engine size) ... just wondered what you guys would choose?
    Leave No Man Behind.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oooh get the Puma Racing...its gorg

I want one but cant afford it at the mo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    out of those 2 - Id pick the puma.......
    Unlike some ppl on here who would automatically go for the Griffin - I know the Puma is a fantastic handling little car and the Cally in my eyes has had its day. At the end of the day they both have other cars underpinnings (Puma/Fiesta - Cally/Cavalier) but my vote is for the blue oval.

Lets just hope this thread doesnt attract those small minded ppl slating anything that adorns a blue oval!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would love a Racing Puma, but i can't afford one of 'em... i might do a replica though...
    Leave No Man Behind.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think there is a 1.4 replica on sale in auto trader. I seen it last week advertised tho it might not still be there tho.

There is also a 1.7 puma racing replica but its in red, still cool

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeordieBandit
    out of those 2 - Id pick the puma.......
    Unlike some ppl on here who would automatically go for the Griffin - I know the Puma is a fantastic handling little car and the Cally in my eyes has had its day. At the end of the day they both have other cars underpinnings (Puma/Fiesta - Cally/Cavalier) but my vote is for the blue oval.

Lets just hope this thread doesnt attract those small minded ppl slating anything that adorns a blue oval!

Pretty much as above, the Puma is superb to drive - generally considered to be one of the best handling FWD small coupes there are. Getting pretty cheap nowadays too. Obviously a bit of a girly image but capable all the same.

Can't really be compared to a calibra imo, the newest calibra is still older than the oldest Puma... if you know what I mean. Calibra is a cavalier in a track suit - good looking car in it's day... but that was 15 years ago imo. Rust is becoming a big issue with them for a start.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    My local ford dealer weren't impressed with the build quality of the racing puma

As Sten says though you can't really compare the 2 as the puma will be more up against the tigra
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Got to be the Puma, looks pretty neat, Silver ones with tinted lights look smart. Calibra's have had their day and think they look very dated now.
    1.9CDTi (150) SRi XP Sportshatch
    Heated Leather Seats - Cruise Control - Climate Control - 18" Pentas - Auto Light & Sight - Electrical Folding Mirrors - Sat Nav

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Puma has gotta win hands down... my cousin sister has one and its one of the best handling cars that i have driven... so much grip and little body roll. oh, and how many cars do you know that have had an engine especiall built for it - the 1.7 was specifically designed for the puma....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It was also Top Gear car of the year back in 1997 (i think it was that year)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast