Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

X20XEV Manifodl differences

hi all

i bought a replacement exhaust manifold for my 98 Astra SRI X20XEV from vauxhall as mine had cracked.

ive replaced the manifold, but noticed there are two openings at the top of the manifold that the original didnt have. the original has the pattern for where the holes are but it isnt milled out like the new one. each hole as a threaded hole next to it for something to bolt onto, but i dont know what.

does anyone know of any differences in the emission systems used on different year X20XEVs? prehaps this is for some sort of gas re-circ?

cheers

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    alrite mate, sorry to go off topic but what sort of manifold is it you have? the only place i can find a manifold is regal?

hope you find the answer your after matey

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi,

I take it you bought a replacement cast steel manifold. Wsa it an e-bay purchase as one seller does recomend you request what type of manifold you require for the model and engine you have in your car.

The one you bought was probably for the X20XEV fitted in the MK3 Astra and Cavalier and Vectra that has the SAI or EGR recirculation. It uses ducts in the manifold to re-flow gasses back into the intake or somthing like that. If you look at pics of Cavalier an d Vectra engine bays you will see a wishbone style bracket or extra pipe above the and attcahed to the manifold.

The one in the Astra G had this sealed off, so it is important when replacing the manifold that the right one is obtained.

Also the sump on the early X20XEV was different to the one on the later X20XEV which was described as being a ladder type.

As for perfomanace manifolds, the one for the Mk4 X20XEV is unique to the others as made that mistake before by buying a Lexmaul manifold for a MK3 X20XEV. Although the flange fitment at the cylinder head was the same I couldn't guarantee that the routing of the pipe work would be the same under the car. Plus I seen that the Lexmaul maniofld for the Astra G X20XEV was a 2 part maniold, we actally it was 3 part as it had an extra piece for the CAT, which incidently had to be cut as the CAT is part of the front pipe on the MK4 X20XEV.

Hope that helps
    Hey YOU See Oooour Reeegin Noooo ! Toss Yer Caber Here

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Check out the differences in the pics.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Exhau...QQcmdZViewItem

The one for the Astra G is in the bottom of the pic, the other is the Vectra/cavalier one
    Hey YOU See Oooour Reeegin Noooo ! Toss Yer Caber Here

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers mark. i bought the manifold from vauxhall, went back there today and they told me what you have said...so why didnt they get it right when the sold it to me?! guess im guna have to whip it back off and take it for exchange.

will have to wait til the weekend as its too dark in the nights to do anything now!!

cheers mate