Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speed Camera's - Just been flashed - help??

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Speed Camera's - Just been flashed - help??

Hi,

Just been driving through an area I was unfamiliar with. I was doing 40 as the last sign I remembered seeing was 40. The single road turned into two lanes so I overtook the bus in front who had slowed, still doing 40 I was shocked to see the camera flash twice, even more gutting, my mate following had the same.
    We both thought it was 40 as that was the last speed sign we remember, do I have any chance of getting out of this if a ticket does come? I guess it will be for 3 points and £60.

Also if a ticket comes and there is no way out, when do I tell my insurance?, now or when I next start a policy?

Any help would be welcome,

thanks,
    rik (gutted)

Status
    The Sticker Queen
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Keep your fingers crossed that it had no film in it. Otherwise it sounds like an NIP will be heading your way. Ignore any of these claims you hear about getting you off of speeding fines, its wishful thinking unfortunately.

I didnt tell my insurance until my renewal date although I'm not sure thats correct, I'm sure Sten will enlighten you.
    MINXY BUTLER-HENDERSON

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    should tell them right away, but shouldnt charge you until renewal................ sten where do u work with all the insurance knowledge?
    Now has a clio - dont ban me

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    shud go back and check the area to see for signs see what the last marking was then if it is 40 and you were doing 40 its an error on the camera. not many flash though as there mainly digi so dont have the usual flash and use infrared

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rik_t
    Hi,

Just been driving through an area I was unfamiliar with. I was doing 40 as the last sign I remembered seeing was 40. The single road turned into two lanes so I overtook the bus in front who had slowed, still doing 40 I was shocked to see the camera flash twice, even more gutting, my mate following had the same.
    We both thought it was 40 as that was the last speed sign we remember, do I have any chance of getting out of this if a ticket does come? I guess it will be for 3 points and £60.

Also if a ticket comes and there is no way out, when do I tell my insurance?, now or when I next start a policy?

Any help would be welcome,

thanks,
    rik (gutted)

There's the smallest chance of being able to contest, my ex's aunty got flashed the day her mum died, she appealed and they dropped it, you might be able to plead that you didnt know the area. But ultimately if the limit was 30 you were speeding and as such should be preapred to take it like a man.

As for telling the insurance, I would tell them as soon as the points are on your license, just to be safe.
    From the Southeast? Find your next meet here

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence is limited.

At least I have chicken!

WellOilBeefHooked

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    All GATSOs flash... twice. Hence why your comment was irrelevant to the thread

As mr_chris says, Get down there and check the signage matey, if you're confident its a 40 limit make sure this is part of your defence, take piccys of the relevant signs too

Ensure you declare it to the insurance, it probably wont affect your premium til renewal (and that'll be minimal) but you dont wanna give um reason not to pay out in the event of a claim, and non-disclosure is a damn good reason in their eyes
    Astra 1.8 SRi, Z18XE, 5 Door, Star Silver ---RIP 18/12/2006---
    Vectra B 2.0 DTi LS

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minxy
    I didnt tell my insurance until my renewal date although I'm not sure thats correct, I'm sure Sten will enlighten you.
    Always let the insurance company know straight away, some will charge you extra for the remainder of the policy and others will say it doesn't cost anything extra just now but your renewal might go up. Either way they should be told otherwise you could face non disclosure in the event of a claim.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I do 40 mph past 30 mph cameras all the time and they never flash at me

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M22RCO
    I do 40 mph past 30 mph cameras all the time and they never flash at me

sounds like ur just a bit to lucky

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rik,

we got one near me, if you speed past it going the other way down the road it flashes.

was there any cars going a little fast the other way?
    Black Sapphire SRi Turbo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast