Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What is fault code "40"??

Hi,

Basically my TC & ABS lights are on after changing the suspension.

According to the mechanic, this could be normal as the car sits at a different height and the sensors could be disturbed.

Anyway I plugged in my fault-code reader, and the car returned fault code "C0040", which means Chassis (TC or ABS or Cruise Control or EPS) fault code 40.

I have done a massive search across the entire Internet, but every fault code list (i.e. Topbuzz.co.uk) just skips the fault code 40!

Does anyone know what this is please?

Thanks.
    Astra Coupe Turbo Project Log KW var2, BK299, Apexi, HID, Angel, Leather Cobra, Phoenix Gold, GT/R2, Fluted, DV26D, Pre/Sports/Catback, CarPC, B&M, VXR Turbo, Tarox-10, Phase 3! Car is for sale!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    May just need to be taken to vxl to have the sensor reset on the tech2.

Just a guess though. Remember, the solution is normally the easiest one and is always overlooked

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    And thats what I don't want to do... The local Vaux is absolutely clueless.

Last time the speedo stopped working on the Agila, so I took it to Vaux and they said the ECU was faulty -__- And it would be £400 to buy an ECU (plus labour and VAT), so I asked what if it still does fix the problem after fitting a new ECU? They said they stand by their diagnostic results and no, there will be no refund.

So I took it to an independent garage to have the wheel sensor (there is only one on the Agila) changed, and it worked fine...

Vaux charged me £75 by the way.
    Astra Coupe Turbo Project Log KW var2, BK299, Apexi, HID, Angel, Leather Cobra, Phoenix Gold, GT/R2, Fluted, DV26D, Pre/Sports/Catback, CarPC, B&M, VXR Turbo, Tarox-10, Phase 3! Car is for sale!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My local vxl dealer is a franchise, and they are ****ing useless. Couldn't even find the TC switch or the trim plate that holds it.