Thread: New clutch?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New clutch?

I think my clutch is on its way out as the biting point is really high now.

Can the biting point be adjusted or will i need a new clutch? If a new clutch is needed, how much are they for a 2.2? how much for fitting?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    doesnt always neccisarily mean that your clutch is going with a high bitting point... does it slip when you put it in gear eg.really high revs when it shouldnt be and when you have fully pulled off the clutch?

average of a clutch and fitting i think is about £200 or something, but higher engine sizes more expensive i think...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by L88_RAP-ASTRA
    doesnt always neccisarily mean that your clutch is going with a high bitting point... does it slip when you put it in gear eg.really high revs when it shouldnt be and when you have fully pulled off the clutch?

average of a clutch and fitting i think is about £200 or something, but higher engine sizes more expensive i think...
    You're looking at about £150 for the clutch and mabey about £300-400 for fitting.

It's a 5-6 hour Job as the subframe need's to be removed.
    Astra SRi Turbo
    281|317

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by L88_RAP-ASTRA

there is no slippage but the bitting point is really high... almost near the top of the pedal if yuou know what i mean...

can anyone confirm if I really do need a new clutch?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    think im in the same situation as you to be honest, and on the subject of clutches... and gears etc, my first gear sucks! fut my foot down and hardly anything heppens then all of a sudden, woosh it kicks in? anyone else have this?

ill see what i can find out about a new clutch mate..i know a few mechanics so might get mine done cheap thats prob where i heard it was £200 total..

how about you come round mine and we just do it ourselves? make a day of it, nice cold icy foggy weather, and just do wat we think is best, svae the pennies! :P