Thread: Politically Correctness

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Politically Correctness

Having read the "Guess Who" topic, before it goes off the subject it brought something to my memory so, I'll put it here to keep the other topic on course.

At work the Energy Advisor people have been giving out posters and stuff to put up around the building, it's all funny cartoon things saying stuff like "I opened upto you and u walked away" in reference to opening a window and not shutting it, therefore wasting energy.

However theres one poster that says "Don't turn me on and them leave me", which was a poster about leaving the lights on, and most of the women in the building took offence saying "its not nice to have that kind of sexual innuendo" or summet along those lines.

Which harks back to our monthly news letter when the chief exec was on the front cover holding a baseball bat like a baseball player would, and all the women in "Planning Dept" said it was a "FALIC OBJECT" ... no joke.

The world is turning weird.

Blackboards turning to chalkboards was another thing that happened a few years back too.
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    All this Politically Correctness cr*p really pis*'s me off! Like you say, this country/world is going nuts!

Al
    Black 1.8 Coupe

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Totally agree, its just a shame its interefered with our automotive industry too, like i said on the other post, went to a market reaserch meeting last night and it was all about a new Nissan car soon to be released, any ways Nissan wanted to know if promoting the fact that it will be a british designed car and british manufactured car would be a plus point to promoting it, the general consensus seems to be a NO, but suprisingly we got on to the topic of patrioism and how britain seems to lack it lately, that'd be all that political correctness thats sucked it all out of us!

Look how proud we were of the Mini?!?! u dont see britain getting all excited about the new cars we make nowdays do you, i know most of them are pretty dull to be fair but thats probably becasue we seem to have lost our passion for things. Quite sad really!
    SXI Cheeky Bird!
    2003 1.6 16v Black!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like you work with some really exciting people Scott.

I do think it has gone too far, as people are scared of saying things incase it offends. But not being able to call a blackboard a blackboard is silly, its called a blackboard cos its black! Just like a whiteboard is called a whiteboard, and a blueboard (if there was such a thing) would be called a blueboard. (yes I'm playing how many 'boards' can you get in one post!)

You don't hear me complaining about all the blonde jokes out there (mainly because they are actually true of me, but still.) People should just relax a bit, although I'm not saying its right to be racist, sexist etc.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i agree that things are taken a bit too deep these days everyones too bothered about covereing themselves up in what they say incase they get in trouble or something that we just end up tripping ourselves up.

Everyone i have spoken to about this sort of thing and peoples general concensus thinks the world is going mad and its all a bit stupid, so what i dont understand is why this political correctness issues are so apparent? and getting out of control? I cant work it out myself.

Ill use an example here, no offence intented to anyone, but if I am from britain so im a brit, right? so if someone is from Pakistan why do I feel wrong calling them a ****?

I think we only have ourselves to blame. See ive even apologised at the start !!! saying if i offend anyone. haha. so im being a hipocrit here...

If something is white, or something is black or any other case you can think of, what does it matter, we should be able to just say it.
    323 BHP / 312 lbft.......

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    oh I cant believe that word in my post has been changed to asterisks !!

to be honest, I think that just about sums up what ivew said above......

I rest my case.

why isnt brit blanked out then?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    and they wonder why rasism is on the increase
    My ambition is to live forever,.. so far so good

Status
    BAFPCITS
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dharding02
    oh I cant believe that word in my post has been changed to asterisks !!

to be honest, I think that just about sums up what ivew said above......

I rest my case.

why isnt brit blanked out then?
    Because what you typed is an offencive word used to describe another countrys population/people and is widely accepted as offencive by everyone but the racists..

Quote Originally Posted by Wiki
    An offensive term referring to Pakistanis. Sometimes used in Britain as an epithet against all South Asians.
    Mr Sploodge, Accept No Imitations!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huffanpuff
    and they wonder why rasism is on the increase
    hey come on, i said i feel bad saying it, i dont just go round saying that, ive never in my life said that to anyone.

Ah this is just a giant can of worms.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i aint racists

i hate everybody

anyway i am proud to be british and scottish for that matter and i think its like a child testing how far they can go before the parent snaps with all this "you offended me and my religion" crap

religion is an ass in all walks of life and form and is the casuse of all wars and suppresion

ban it all i say
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast