Thread: Argo's Direct (AVOID!!!!)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry Argo's Direct (AVOID!!!!)

well i have just had the most surreal experience this morning, i'm nightshift this month so i had to wait for a delivery this morning from argos. the delivery was for replacement parts for a bed wich i ordered 3 weeks ago but arrived damaged. when the bed arrived i had already disposed of my old one so i could not have sent it back, i phoned customer services and explain this to them, their answer? "can't you just sleep on the floor till the replacement arrive's?" so i explain to them if i had wanted to sleep on the floor i would have hardly spent a bloody fortune on a bloody bed WOULD I? . so i suggested that they send a courier out with the damaged parts, "sorry sir we can't and won't do that", "why's that" i asked . "well sir our company will only send out couriers to emergency items, and we are allowed a reasonable time to replace the item for you which we are doing" ok "well if i assemble the bed and when my new parts arrive i will send them back to you will this be ok?" so they said that will be fine and they will put a note on the delivery drivers drop off sheet. so anyway here i am waiting for the delivery guys to call the 1 hour before they arrive this morning when there is a knock at the door, guess who? correct it's the replacement parts in the form of a whole new bed,
    "sign here mate" ok i say and they drop it off in the hall " just give customer services a ring when the parts are ready and we will collect them" great i think, so i close the door and sit down when the door goes again , drivers come back " listen mate we have to take the bed" i asked what bed and they say the 1 they just delivered, "oh right you want to take the replacement away?" yes they said "the replacement i have waited 3 weeks for" , "thats right". they say they cannot leave a whole bed without taken away something, so i said i would take out the 3 damaged parts which i required and send the damaged ones back as arranged. " no we are taking the bed now" by this time i was getting a tad brassed of to say the least, "no listen to me i have waited 3 weeks for the replacement parts which now arrive in the form of a whole bed which i dont need, and you want to take them away?" "thats right". i said to them to wait while i call the office and i went to get my phone which when the driver decided to barge into my house past me and try to pick up the bed, totally shocked i said to him to get out! "no i am taking the bed" which is when i issued the 2nd warning "leave my house you were no asked to come in" "NO he says" ok so the next thing i knew i punched him in the kidneys grabbed him round the neck and threw him out ( wrong maybe??) he then asked if i wanted to make somthing out of it, WTF??? i thought i only want my bed replaced, called customer services and their branch depot but none seemed interested in the goings on.

sorry for the long story but any idea's on my next approach?
    My ambition is to live forever,.. so far so good

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would say you had every right to throw the guy out of your house by any means possable as you never said he could enter your house.

Had same sort of problem with something for our garden 3 replacements later we finaly got a complete item.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Jesus christ thats mental. I'd be straight on the phone to the MD giving him a load of grief.
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah if your lucky they might send you an argos voucher for £10 like they did for us lol

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What a surreal day youve had so far mate
    I agree, I think you had every right to chuck him out, you issued him with two warnings before taking action and yet he still entered your house without permission.
    Whats happened with this courier? Has he taken the bed or is he hanging around??
    Make a formal complaint if i were you mate
    Astra 1.8 SRi, Z18XE, 5 Door, Star Silver ---RIP 18/12/2006---
    Vectra B 2.0 DTi LS

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the thing is he asked me if i had witnesses, we have builders working over the road and every1 of them stopped and cheered, ermmm 1 or 2 i said.

and i still have their new bed

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    keep the new one and pack the old one up for them to collect

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    dont need the whole bed altough i may do it to be awkward, may find my self accidentally beig out when they come to collect, dont want it but just gonna be plain awkward now

Status
    BAFPCITS
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As said, he had no right to enter the house and asking him to leave twice is enough of a warning if you ask me.. You used reasonable force to protect yourself, family and property... The guy is lucky, if you were in the states then you wold be allowed to shoot the bugger

I once grabbed a Jehova by the throat because he put his foot in my door after I said the usual "No Thankyou". Never seen someone drop to the ground so quickly

Nothink like a bit of reasonable force to make your day

Oh, Parahraphs......
    Mr Sploodge, Accept No Imitations!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if i were you kev i would make a formal complaint..he trespassed in your property..im sure he would be walking out of argos doors with his p45 pretty soon
    Addicts dont do cocaine...They merely just like the smell of it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast