Thread: a BIG thank you to jimbo1

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs Up a BIG thank you to jimbo1

Today was potenially one of the worst days i've ever had! i had to go to Banbury (some 125 miles away) to pick up a set of coupe turbo rims from jimbo1 (james), and about 4 miles from my destination the alternator on my mk3 packed up, it gave no real warning and the car just came to a pathetic halt! i managed to get it onto the forecourt of the local texaco, reached for my phone (SE k800i shit box) and it gave out the beep of doom! low battery! with only 2% left i had a moral dilemma, phone home to tell them the good news, or phone james explain i'll be late and just hope for the best, i chose the latter, how glad was i that i did!
    I phoned James to say i had a little problem and without hesitation he came to my rescue!, he was there within a couple of minutes, realising i had no phone at all now, he gave me his and said i could use it to make any calls i needed! i made a few quick cals back home to organise a rescue mission ( the aa wanted £300 to recover me! ), realising this wasn't james' problem i suggested perhaps he went and got the wheels from home ( not too far away thank god!) and i would pay him and he could be on his way. James agreeded to go and get the wheels for me to see them, but instead of leaving me there stranded, he left me his mobile phone for me to carry on ringing around! he then came back with the wheels (which might i add were far better than expected!) and offered to take me into town to a more convienent location to be rescued from!, so we did just that, piled the wheels into mine, locked it up and off we went in his turbo (very very nice car, looks stunning in black), on the way james explained he had things to do today and was sorry he couldn't be of more help, then about 2 seconds later, he decided to drop everything, change his plans (letting his brother down) and took me back to his house where he said i could carry on making any calls i needed and make me a cuppa.
    I ended up staying at his for a coupe of hours, while a couple of family members brought a new alternator out and a few tools ( i'm really really grateful to them too! ), we spent ages chatting about all things vx, and he showed me his brothers calibra ( under covers ready for next years shows ), the time flew by.
    I made one last phone call to my "rescuers" and they said they were about 15 minutes away, so off we went back to the car, James stayed with me till they arrived, then we said our goodbyes and off he went! how grateful am i!
    As far as i'm concerned EVERYTHING James did today was above and beyond what anyone could expect from someone that you had never met before, he trusted me with his mobile, took me to his home, and made a very difficult day seem very easy. I would just like to say thank you to James for eveything he did today, and also sorry to your brother for ruining his plans. If i can ever re-pay the favour, just let me know.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    just goes to show there are a few good people left out there!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thats a good forum comunity for you
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If only every one was like james.

Its nice to read things like this, made me feel that bit better about life in general.
    1999 Astra Sport - 1.6l 16V

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sounds like a very nice lad shows there are a few gud people still about

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    nice one, there are still decent folk around

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Really refreashing to hear that

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice to see a story that doesnt go along the lines of "i turned up to see the parts and got jumped with a cricket bat and mugged" of which a few seem to be about these days!

Good one James, its rare people put any effort into anything these days, letalone other peoples dilemmas.

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    That was really nice reading!! Sorry about your trouble with the alternator but hats off to James for the help and to yourself for letting everyone know

Lovely turnout to a crap situation AstraSport members are very cool people
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well done james
    Arden Blue Astra GSI now sold

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast