Thread: past motors with pics

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

past motors with pics

just thought id put some pics up of my past few cars.1st was the 1.2 corsa was brought as standard and my mates dads a car sprayer so got loadsa bits done really cheap.was nice at the time,5 years ago but proper chavvy now,would love to know where it is now tho.then was the saxo vtr which i loved,again brought as standard and did all the work in 2 years mostly my self and was sorted out all the stuff by my mate who works with sparco,green and simoni.then got the clio,so fast and such great handling but buying a house forced me to sell and get something that didnt cost as much and now have the astra,which im very happy with.

Status
    Turbo Jizz Golfer !
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice history of motors there mate

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Was going to do a similar thread myself actually:

My car story:

First car was a Rover 214i 16v 'Sprint'. Loved this car, pretty quick with 100bhp as std and had quite good toys. Unfortunately really unreliable, sold it after 6 months.

Then I had a shot of my mates Saxo VTR and loved it, had to have one. Bear in mind this is before the chavs got their hands on them. Sold it after about a year because the image was getting bad and I wanted something bigger with decent insurance...

This was the start of the slippery slope, I had 6 points and was a 21 year old student so insurance was a killer - decided I wanted something with free insurance for a year. I was just about to sign on the line for a 1.2 Clio when I walked into a Vauxhall Dealer and realised they were doing the insurance deal on an SXi Astra - bought there and then.

Fresh from the dealer with 14 miles on the clock.

With a few more toys:

The photo location was born..

Then I made a huge mistake in trading it for a Vectra B Club - crap!

I had a Golf VR6 for a bit of fun for a few months at the same time. Loved it but couldn't justify the running costs.

Then I traded the Vectra in for the Smart car with the intention of my girlfriend having it when she passed her test. Love it to bits though, one car I can't see us ever selling. £40 a year in tax, 60mpg, heated leather, CD changer, air con.. all you could want really.

Although I love the smart I wanted a run about with 5 doors and seats, took a trip to Norwich to take delivery of the ex-Kitchen mobile. Really nice car, 141bhp totally standard and nice spec on the cesaro:

Nice and clean with facelift rear lights:

Then sold on to Kev_mk3 to make way for a Turbo Coupe - always wanted one so thought I would get it out my system before bigger financial commitments came along. Spotted a Verde Green one for sale on here and flew to London to pick it up:

First pic of her, manky on the way home:

Plate on, lowered on eibachs, lexmaul rears, bebadged etc..

Then reluctantly sold as I decided to go back to college so major downsizing was needed, bought a wee fiesta off my brother which I've got now. Good enough wee runner but I do miss having something half decent. One day..!

Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    nice big history mate.also cheers for the thread hijack

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That is one tidy Saxo VTR you had there darren, it's such a shame that the saxo's got a bad image now.
    Astra SRi Turbo
    281|317

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    [/quote]

two cars, one plate. dodgy

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oztek coupe

two cars, one plate. dodgy
    was wondering if someone would spot that, was in the process of swapping them over
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenssxi
    also cheers for the thread hijack
    sorry Darren, was going to do the same anyway so I thought I would stick it in the same thread... others should follow suit, makes for a good read I think

Also, really like that VTR - very nicely modded unlike many.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenssxi
    nice big history mate.also cheers for the thread hijack
    well when you put up a thread like this you kind if expect every one else to post in it

thats the way iseen it as well
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well, not much to say for my car history beings as i've only been on the road for just over a year. but here's my little collection of motors i've had so far.......

my first car was a Peugeot 306 1.9 D-Turbo and i loved it. although it only lasted about a month untill the headgasket went twice in the space of 3 days !! the only mods i got to do on this were de-badging and interior.

and then came the Astra!! after the 306 blew up, along came my Vauxhall Astra 1.6 SXI. bought completly standard, all that got done was again de-badging, interior, rear lights and sound system. (just have to excuse the sh!t exhaust tip i can assure u that had gone within 2 days!!)

oh and a set of AEZ Cyber 18" alloys on it for a while

and that brings us to my latest and best car so far !! the TIGRA!! although the astra was nice, i got easily bored of it and was time for a change. so along came the Vauxhall Tigra 1.6 in MTV SummerTime Yellow

i bought it with the bodykit already on it, but with standard rims.......

but a couple of weeks later and some extra cash got me a set of 17" Dare Evo's .......

and there we have it.....i hope u all enjoyed todays history lesson children
    ...: 'Speshal' Dan :...
    ...: Auto-Biography.....http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...22#post3006422 :...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast