Thread: Shamed - Vauxhall Seafield Road Edinburgh

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Shamed - Vauxhall Seafield Road Edinburgh

Had a problem with my car earlier...went in to the mechanics bit at vauxhall and asked if someone could take two minutes from their time to have a look at my car...(explained the problem)...as i could not find what the problem was. (problem isnt really an issue yet)

So i was directed inside by the mechanic to the main desk.

i Went in and asked the same thing inside to the (young) boy (with clearly far too much power) at the desk, after some humming and hawwing decided i would have to leave £70.50 and my car with them for an hour. i thought and also when he mentioned "No guaranteed Fix" i politely turned down his offer.

Took a drive all the way down to the garage i normally use and within 5 minutes of Jerry looking at the car there was no problem at all...!

Basically the bottom line is Vauxhall (seafield road) are money grabbing ******s
    EK9 Type R

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vauxhall franchises are not back street operations. If they 'took 2 minutes' for alot of their bookings, they wouldnt make money would they.
    Sounds like they operate as they should. No problems there.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    So you were booked in at very short notice and was charged £70.50 of an engineers time to 'look' at the problem. The person behind the desk notified you that its not guarunteed (sp) that he can fix your car within the 1hour time frame and your discruntled about it?

I used to work for a computer company. Many of our labour charges came to about £30 because we could work on them awhen we had the opportunity over the 4 days they were booked in. Those who requested our immediate attention was charged the going standard rate for an IT engineer @ £70 per hour and we did the same. 1 hour is usually enough for us to find the problem but it doesn't mean we can fix it especially when it maybe due to faulty hardware.

Personally I'd of either been grateful that they are able to see me at such short notice and I'd of expected to pay the engineers going rate. If your unhappy with the charge then find a reputable garage near to you that isn't a Vauxhall Franchise as they maybe cheaper. If your unhappy about the fact he could guaruntee you he'd fix it within the hour then I'm affraid I can't help you.

I certainly wouldn't come onto a forum and slag someone off who couldn't even defend themselves.
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    Going Topless!
    Drives
    Astra 1.8 Twintop, Lotus Carlton, Meriva VXR and Nova
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Shamed for working correctly to there policy?

I think not.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    IIRC correctly, thats the charge for an engineer to hook tech2 up to your car.
    Wanted Enthusiasm : Preferrably unused!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jus
    IIRC correctly, thats the charge for an engineer to hook tech2 up to your car.
    ditto

thats what they wanted to charg me when i had a fault

the reason they say that they might not find anything is that sometimes it iant a mechanical fault at all

so just covering their arses
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the point im trying to make is it might have taken the guy 1 minute to find it.

I just thought it was poor service and if thats how dealers work im surprised they get much business at all.

anyway doubt very much i will be going back to one again
    EK9 Type R

Status
    Going Topless!
    Drives
    Astra 1.8 Twintop, Lotus Carlton, Meriva VXR and Nova
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    It might have taken the guy 1hr 1 minute to find it, i bet you'd have only been charged for the 1 hour tho.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just to climb aboard the band wagon like everyone else.... I think its a tad unfair of u to slate the garage in question...

Also when u say "it might have taken the guy 1 minute to find it" is like absolutely anything that u entrust a garage to take care of. For instance pay for four hours labour and the job might only take 2, It's like everything in life. But at the end of the day u would have only been charged the Tech2 hook up fee as advised - fortunately u got the job sorted cheaper so its not really up for discussion now. Case closed IMO as they were only doing their job!

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    My dealer seemed pretty good when i couldn't get my bonnet open. Was about 5ish so the mechanics had shut garage, but asked at the desk and he got a mechanic out to look at it which ended up be 3 mechanics. They must have spent 5-10mins trying to get it open before admiting defeat and saying get it booked in. Didn't charge me a penny for it.

And when i did get it booked in, they only charged £26 to fix it (0.3hour of labour + the part) very fair price imo as normally you would expect them to charge a full hour.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast