Thread: C9SRi's Astra's...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow C9SRi's Astra's...

Bought a blue 3dr mk3 Astra 1.4 8v (MPi ) as my first car had it for a year and everything that could go wrong .. did! (cambelt snapped, clutch went, master cylinder went, punctures, exhaust...)

I then wanted a higher spec Mk3, but being 18 couldnt afford insurance on a GSi, so search high and low for a Mk3 Cesaro ... found one on autotrader all the way down in pourtsmouth! (can i have a lift dad?)

came back with this:

Then it lost those horrible front indicators for clear, and gained tinted windows, 17" alloys and a 60mm lowering kit...

..and then some GSi rear clusters..

I then sold the 17's as i needed money to start my engine conversion!

On my old front, under a gazeebo!

actual engine in wasnt a proberlem! getting it started was... we spent most nights for a month trying to figure out what was up... in the end we found out it was the cat being blocked! DOH! also added was a OMP strutbrace!

during the conversion, i added the GSi bodykit (minus the skirts)!
    i then needed a new exhaust and planned a powerslow one! so drove to Nottingham to get one... oops! forgot to get the tracking done!! tyres shreaded i then had to get these:

after driving round with those badboys on for a couple of months! i got some 18's!!

i then bought the copy of total vauxhall with byrons old astra in, and had to get one!! i spent ages looking for a irmscher one and found one on ebay at 12:30am! it had 1 day left.. i text my mate and asked him to bid on it for me when he got up! it actually finished the very minute i finished work!!

within 2 weeks of getting it back home i added tinted headlights and side repeaters and a FK slatted grill and gave it some autogloom ultra deep shine:

i got bored of the FK grill and decided to colour code my old V-grill and alsoi found out about meguairs, and wont be using autogloom again!

i then received these in the post:

and that day fitted them:

as it was dark, we wound them down untill there where about 1cm from max lowness! oops! couldnt turn corners!

next day we raised it up a tad, so i could actually move!

future plans include: prodrive bodybits, new wheels possibly?, shark eyes, hids, tints, leather interior, and hopefully a supercharger!! we'll see!
    Star Silver Astra Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Added prodrive front bumper, bought it from V6ASTRA on here, top bloke! even had all the bolts and spacers so i could fit it straight away!

got home via a motor factors and bought some m*sh for my front bumper... im not the biggest fan of mesh, so im planning on making an irmscher style bottom grill for the bumper!

excuse quality of picture, was a phone on zoom! and ive also added an irmscher grill but not got pics of that yet... will get some towards end of next week after a much needed wash and polish!

Also added, irmscher grill

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Flat blade wipers added, and a brainstorm on what needs to be done!

brainstorm: prodrive rear extension, tints, colour coding, irmscher extension, mud flaps removed, custom bumper, hids and shark eyes... sometime in the new year

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    prodrive rear extension is on now, mud-flaps removed:

should be getting it back all painted in a few days!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by C9SRi View Post
    should be getting it back all painted in a few days!!
    anyway, a few days later (not months ie post date)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    then i cracked my cylinder head... grrr.... enter the run around...