Thread: Could I possibly claim?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Could I possibly claim?

The other night after footy, me and a mate went to get some food, the chinese was closed so we just went to the local mcdonalds.. this ones renowned for people meeting with their cars, sometimes we have a chat with the people there, but on this occasion, we were solely customers.

Anyway, because of all the people meeting up there in cars, theyve got massive speedbumps, ie you need to go over at silly speeds else you bounce like i dunno what.

I went over the first two speedbumps fine (theyre like the square ones), and then slowed down to less than 5mph so i was crawling to go over the next big speedbump.

My front wheel cleared it, but then i heard a massive bang.. and the middle of my car had virtually grounded on the speedbump.

Ever since then my cars been playing up, and i've definately knocked something or done something to the exhaust i think.. it sounds like a bag of crap. I know i'm going to have to pay out for something, even if its only to get it checked and do the work myself.. but should I have to pay for this?

My car has been lowered, but it clears all other speedbumps, just not these ridiculous ones, and i dont feel like i have to fork out money, just because theyre stopping *others* from going on their property?

Im thinking the chances are slim because 1) its been lowered - but should this make a difference?
    2) is mcdonalds private property, meaning i'd need to take it up with them rather than the council?

It may not even cost that much, but mini rant over for the principle of it
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    You wouldn't have a case mate because you've lowered your car. Sorry. I wish I could give you better news. If you need it checked over give me a shout mate I'll try and sort something for you.
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Merry Hill per chance?

ive always thought the ones there are rediculous.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I know what speed bumps your on about EXACTLY the same thing happened on my old 1.8 Vec ... it was lowered 40mm I can clear all bumps apart from the ones that they had in my college i'd have to go like 2mph just crawling over it.

If I had 4 people in my car, regardless off how slow I go the middle would hit the bump!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jam
    You wouldn't have a case mate because you've lowered your car. Sorry. I wish I could give you better news. If you need it checked over give me a shout mate I'll try and sort something for you.
    hey mate.

I'm going to give the local kwik fit a ring at lunch and see if they can get me in for a quick check, if not i'll have a word (just need it sorting really)

I could probably do the work myself aslong as i know what the issue is.. im sure somethings just been disconnected, i just cant raise the car high enough to check it over..
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by monolith
    Merry Hill per chance?

ive always thought the ones there are rediculous.
    nah mate, this was in cannock, but these ramps are much of the same everywhere.. bit unfair if you ask me, as it doesnt stop the people going there anyway, just helps damage cars..

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    I have some ramps at home you can borrow?
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I dont think a lowered car would cause a problem with a claim? What if someone driving a ferrari went in?!

Its a good deterrant not to go in there again though!

You seem to be the unluckiest person with your car, Jonesy!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jam
    I have some ramps at home you can borrow?
    hi bud, ive got some ramps, but i think my cars too low for it to actually get onto. I'll try and investigate and let you know

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobW
    I dont think a lowered car would cause a problem with a claim? What if someone driving a ferrari went in?!

Its a good deterrant not to go in there again though!

You seem to be the unluckiest person with your car, Jonesy!
    i was thinking that, arent the 888's lowered as standard? so if someone went in with one and did the same as me.. they'd have a perfect claim, maybe.

and yea mate, things just havent been going right with me and my car, but im not one to give in

by the way. Stuff in the post tommorow!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast