Thread: Meguiars

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Meguiars

I normally tend to use Autoglym on the car but loads of people have told me you can't buy anything else other than Meguiars. So decided to give some of the products a try.

What do I use? People talk about the 3 Step Wash or something, what this?

I was looking at the Gold Class shampoo stuff to clean the car and the wheel cleaner. What products do you recommend etc?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    theres the proper official ways m8 and the lazy 'er shine up and looks ok ways,

lol, i use shampoo gold class first after water rinse of course, then clay bar car all over (takes ages! lol) , then finish with gold class wax, buffer up.

wheels i use same shampoo first, then hot rims spray and rinse, then buff up with cloth.

but there are posts on here to recommend "proper" ways, and best results ways too,

its all up to you really how much time and care you want to devote to the car all time ?

check the posts out on here though.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I love detailing my car's but it can take a good 7/8 hours of a day up.
    If you have never clayed your car then do this first as this gives a super glass smooth surface ready for the real hard work to come,look out for meg's clay detailer,comes in a box with a clay bar and detailer spray.
    I then use a good paint cleaner ie meg's stage one pait cleaner,poor boy's ssr 2.5/ssr1 to remove swirls/scratches.
    Then i use a polish like meg's stage 2 or poor boys proffesional polish and then after that i use a wax/sealent to lock the finish in,i use poor boys natty's blue paste wax (great on dark cars) i then stand back and admire

PS i never use auto glym products anymore as there are so many products that are better and dont get me started on the dust!!
    Poor Boy's products are super and the only company i would buy from blind.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs Up

meguiars is gud but i use zymol and it is ace

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Get yourself onto www.detailingworld.co.uk there is a wealth of information on there.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    theres only a few waxes i have found which give best results. zymol is gd stuff and hard wearing. but for pure shine and the fact theres no residue wen dried, P21s wins hands down. has wiped the floor with products which cost 10 times more. has won countless awards.
    although poorboys make some cracking stuff,their sealant is ace over the top of p21s