you can buy a Ecu that help you do drift them mad toys big boy's toys
    a guy in work has a F1 car thats cost him near £2000

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    control over them cars is amazing, Never managed to drift my road car, doughnuts + powerslides are no problem but drifting is something else
    Though you can buy special cars desgined for drifting now, which i guess is what they are.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I was looking at a drift ecu thing $140 in the us now i might buy one of them for a 4x4 car when i get a nother one in a few weeks

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    can it be added to any car, i was under the impression they need a special chassis to get the weight balance right, i.e engine as far back as possible etc.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    nope it can fit on any car mate i will get a link for it for you it's on Hpi's web site in the us

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dannysport18
    nope it can fit on any car mate i will get a link for it for you it's on Hpi's web site in the us
    sounds interesting Can't see it being my use on my 4x4 as it will just roll over but could be good for my road car

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the so called "drift cars" are just normal road cars with a different kind of tyre on them as far as im aware

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    they do one for my baja 5
    ADJUSTABLE STABILITY CONTROL SYSTEM / DRIFT ASSIST $145
    http://www.hpiracing.com/index2.htm

This device works on all HPI Racing and HotBodies vehicles. This system was specially developed for RC cars to assist in getting the perfect drift angle around the turns but further research yielded benefits for every vehicle! From the Micro’s to the Baja, this Adjustable Stability Control System will assist your driving and overall car control.

With offroad vehicles, the Adjustable Stability Control System helps you concentrate on driving to the next turn as it keeps the vehicle running smooth through obstacles such as rough ruts. Hitting ruts at an angle would normally pull the steering off the intended path and your late counter reactive steering input would have you “flopping all over” when you initially just wanted to go straight. With the assistance from the Adjustable Stability Control System, The steering automatically reacts and keeps you on the straight and narrow, which is the fastest line from point-A to point-B.

For Drifting, the Adjustable Stability Control System even allows drift-beginners to enjoy dynamic drift driving, so it is the perfect item for those who want to try drift driving or think drift driving is too difficult. Or maybe you have built the monster on-road car that just has way too much motor and not enough tire and does nothing but doughnuts, then this system will assist in making it more drivable.

All of this control is achieved with an ultra-small yaw control sensor that allows the Adjustable Stability Control System to detect your machine's tail sliding, and the optimized automatic counter-steering prevents your car from spinning. It comes with a gain control function to adjust counter-steering according to the track surface condition and / or the amount of control assistance you are looking for.

Just connect the Adjustable Stability Control System to the steering servo and it will electronically assist your driving. The device weights only 6.7g. The Stability Control System / D-BOX is connected between the receiver and the steering servo and can be used with all radio gear using Futaba style connectors. This is the ideal hop-up part for the Sprint 2 - Stage-D Kit (#30401 and #30402) and #33432 Stage-D Conversion Set for the Nitro 3, and will also work in offroad trucks and buggies.

Note: The Adjustable Stability Controls may be an unfair advantage and not legal for racing, check your local rule book. Yes, it’s that good!

For a better look at the performance capability of the D-Box, check out this video:
    http://www.hpiracing.com/movies/dbox.wmv

Status
    Princess Oompa loompa!
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The drift cars are basically normal RC cars, you can buy nitro ones but they are alot harder to drift, electric ones are the way to go for drifting. Their secret to how they drift so easily is, that they use 'drift rings' on each tyre, basically they are thin rings of hard plastic that go around the tyre.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast