Thread: how'd it go

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

how'd it go

so what was the meet like tonight at teesside park? any pics?
    Got XBOX LIVE? Gimme a game!
    Gamertag: DOGBOY14

Status
    Yorkshire RO
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    well to be honest it was very poor there was only 3 of us there so i was well disapointed with the turn out but to those who did come it was good to see some new faces.

AOC top 15 car at PVS 2009 & 2010
    313.7bhp/343Ibft

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I accept all responsibility for the outcome of this due to the fact I said a couple of weeks ago that I wouldnt be able to make it cos of personal reasons....really sorry guys - thought the rest of the region would have at least turned up as they said they would but hopefully we can work on it for the next one which I'll defo be able to attend.

As I already said - massive apologies from me - just a shame those who said they'd go didnt turn up.

How's everyone fixed for a one in November sometime?
    December is pretty much a no no for me due to massive spenditure including the AS Xmas do etc..

Let me know ur thoughts and we can organise one asap

Status
    Yorkshire RO
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    The only day in november i have any plans for is the 5th (a sunday i think) and i would not be able to make it then but other than that i am good for a meet.

AOC top 15 car at PVS 2009 & 2010
    313.7bhp/343Ibft

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im doing a thread as we speak - considering a joint regional meet with either the Cumbrian or Yorkshire folk. This would obviously involve a bit of a drive out instead of huddling around the not so warm car parks in Novemeber!

Cumbria is the favourite at this stage as their meets are few and far between - I see it as a good way of involving more members who have yet to experience an AS meet.

This idea would mean we (NE folk) meet up at a certain point, then convoy over to Carlisle or maybe meet half way somewhere....then take it from there - whether it be stop and chat - meeting new faces etc or go for a blast and/or a bite to eat.

Just a thought guys - see new thread (soon to be created)

Lets make this region something to be proud of !!!!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    to be honest i was really dissapointed just me SRI KEV and JAM turned up thought there was gonna be around 10 at least it just makes u think about future meets weather it would be a waste of petrol and time for a really poor turn out!!!! mike.
    MK4 Astra 1.8 16v SPORT

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mike - I informed the region a few wks ago that I was unable to make this meet due to personal circumstances - I did however hope that those who said theyd go would show up but sadly I was wrong. I agree it was very badly organised and I take full responsibility for that... but to be negative at this early stage I think would be very ill advised - at least give me (and the region as a whole) the benefit of the doubt and like most things in life - u gotta work at it .

Please be patient and work with us on this one. We need to work as a team for this to work. If we all have the same negative attitude then yes ur right - it wont work.

Ive already got the ball rolling for the November meet.... if u dont want to participate then let me know - throw some ideas into the forum and I'll do whatever we can to make our regions meets something to be proud of.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ill be at the next meet,, getting my momo alloys on start of next month ..... can only afford tyres for them when i get paid !!!!! and colour coding skirts and bump strips, just starting to mod me car due to personal circumstances.... be nice to meet some of you guys so ill deffo be at the next meet whenever its going to happen !!! ...... very keen to get involved in the astera sport community !!!!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thought kirsty would of been there. she txt me to see if it was happening but i didnt have a clue so didnt

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I wanted to come so bad but the lack of funds stopped me.

I will save up more money next time and turn up as the Mrs said she wanted to come, could mean having kids with me tho.

No too sure whether anyone would want kids there or not (4 and 2).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast