Thread: Tuned Zafira owners..

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tuned Zafira owners..

I've got a stage one coupe turbo at the moment but sooner rather than later will be changing it for a Zafira Gsi. How does a Zafira stage one compare performance wise? I know it's heavier and less aerodynamic but does it still pull well, or does the extra weight make a real difference?

If anyone with Zafira stage 1/2/3/4 has any 1/4mile times that would help a lot!!

Also what is the handling like if taking a bend slightly quicker than average?
    - 2004 Vauxhall Zafira GSi - Silver, work in progress..
    - 2003 BMW 325ti M Sport - Silver, 18" CSL wheels in matt anthracite, Eibachs, Full red leather

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i use to have a veccy gsi and i was surprised how well the zaffy handled in comparision perfprmance wise she pulls well wiv cs1 think i right in saying the gearing is different to compramise the extra weight and the std 0 to 60 is not a great deal different to a coupe
    courtney stage 3 zafira,Mitsubishi evo geek mapped to 389 and 470 lb of torque

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Mine Zafira with a stage 2.5 (Stage 2 with VXR Turbo) did a 14.67 at the pod back in March.

But a stage 1 Zaf GSi would be a slight bit quicker than a standard Coupe Turbo, this should give you a rough idea.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    i had mine running cs2 (225bhp/240ftlbs) was only for a few weeks b4 the ECU died (i was told by courtenay THAT THEY HAVE NEVER! heard of an ECU faliure) even so they helped me out when the new one was fitted so even though they didnt accpet blame they were still brilliant at getting the bus back to where it should be. with the cs2 a good level of performance retain a fair amount of economy IIRC it was the same mpg wise (when driven normaly) as what it was b4 it was mapped just with more power