Thread: My White Mk4 Astra Sport = "Subtle and fast"

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My White Mk4 Astra Sport = "Subtle and fast"

When i past my driving test a few months ago my brother gave me his White Mk3 Astra Saloon 1.6i... i was very pleased to be given a car. I had saved up all my money from work, and i had plans to modify the Astra. Alloys, colour coded bumpers and colour coded interior bulbs were all on the list... but i never really got round to doing any modifacations... i decided that it just wasnt worth it, as i had no intentions of keeping the Astra for very long anyway, and the Astra had also started to develop a worrying rattle (due to me constantly abusing it). After a few weeks i decided that i needed a new car...one that i could modify to my hearts content. I started looking in the local paper every week, and then i saw a Tigra for sale, 80,000 miles, 1.6i, fsh, good condition, £1800ish... i was very interested. But as i thought about it more (for about 10 minutes) i decided that i didn't really want it... so i went to have a look at a Ford Puma, 50,000, 1.7i, fsh, traction control, red, £4000. I looked at it twice, once with my mate, and once with my mum... it was a bit out of my price range though... My Mum and Dad then agreed to lend me the extra money i needed... and i bought the Puma. The Puma was a great car, and i was sorting out my money so i could start to mod it... then a mate pointed out to me that the Puma had been in an accident, it had a new healight, new bumpers and had been sprayed over in a few places... he also pointed out serious rust on the wheel arches which i didn't notice. I then decided i wanted to sell the Puma. It was a great car, and i loved it... but it drank petrol and i wasn't happy about the rust as i knew sooner or later it was going to cost me... a month after buying it, i sold it... I lost about £500... but, i'm glad i bought it... it was a good learning experience.

There was also something else that made me want to sell the Puma... Mk 4 Astra's... i really, really wanted one... preferably a 1.8, black 3 door. So i decided it would be a good idea to shop around until i found an Astra that met my exact requirments... however the same day i sold the Puma i bought a Mk 4 Astra Sport. It was perfect! I had to get it! Even my Mum agreed! 1.8 16v, 40,000 miles, fsh, a/c, t/c, 3 doors... it even had the exact interior pattern i wanted... black dash and black and red seats... the only trouble is the exterior is white... But then i realised that i have never seen another 3 door Mk4 Astra Sport in white. And at £2900, it was a bargain!

I love my Astra!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Moved frmo the Auto-Biography forum.

Welcome to AS Joe - keep us up to date on progress of your car...and pics always go down well!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You will love it mate - I have one in black on a V plate and it just crossed 100k miles. Not a fault yet in the year and a bit I have owned it! You did well for that price - I paid 3200 last year for mine. Do you have a spoiler on yours?

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    be a dare devil and put a full GSI kit on it

still not seen and white mk4's with that kit on

welcome to astra-sport
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Status
    AOC Regular