Thread: what do i need?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

what do i need?

i know its been asked 100's of times but after much searching i cant really find a definitive answer so here goes!:

i have:
    Alpine CDE-9846R headunit = do i need any kind of lead/adapter to connect this straight up in a 02 astra convert? if so what do i need

the last car stereo i saw (many years ago lol) had a bunch of wires hanging out of the back of it...looked like you had to connect the wires to wires behind the dash....but this one has wires going into black plactic connectors..thats why im asking...

Alpine amp = i intend to buy a wiring kit, but im also going to add another amp ,making it a 2 amp system, what do i need to do this,besides a standard wiring kit? a splitter or something?

its not gunna be a massive system.... about 100W in the front doors...and im not sure about how big a sub/subs in the boot, but nothing massive... both amped..you think ill need to upgrade my battery or anything,to avoid headlight dimming and so on?

thnx for any help

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    First of all - all modern HU's (apart from shitty foreign ebay ones lol) have an ISO connector (ie big multi plug connector) which fits the ISO connector on the car side. Simple plug n play affair here with no butchering of wires like we used to in the old days.

One thing u may need to do is swap over the yellow & red wires on the loom provided with the HU - this is because VX in their wisdom use a totally different colour wire for the permanant live as opposed to everyone else. If u dont swap the red/yellow then u will probably find u lose station presets when ignition off. I know the Kenwood looms have bullet connectors on the red/yellow wires so its a quick change to have red into yellow & yellow into red if that makes sense.

No doubt sparks will be along soon to confirm/dis-prove the above theory and to add some info about the rest of the ICE as this really (clearly) isnt my forte.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers for that mate . do you mean pull the red and yellows out of the ISO and swap them around?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah thats basically what u have to do. but first id plug the iso into the car as it is - store some memories switch off (leave for a few mins) then see if they're stored . if not then swap them round and this should cure it.

Alternatively wait for Autosparks to come online - should be on sometime this evening and he'll tell u the definite answer. (Personally Id check how the memories work at the moment and then wait for sparks to come online if it dont store em.)

Hope i aint confused things

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You'll need 2 sets of RCAs for the amps along with power, earth and remote for each amp. Then speaker wire back to the crossovers and woofer.
    LM Audio - Knebworth Herts - 01438 812444