Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Rant!!!

Ok need to blow of steam!!

I'm driving down main road and want to turn right, so, I move into the little middle lane (says 'right turn only') and wait for gap in oncoming traffic. Now to my immediate left, is a stop junction, there is a man (on his phone) waiting to turn right (meaning he is crossing both lanes of traffic plus my 'right turn' lane) you all still with me??? Anyway, the oncoming traffic clears but, I just knew he was going to pull across in front of me - and he did!!! So I beeped at him and horrors!!! He stopped and started shouting at me!! Saying he has blo*dy 'right of way' and that I'm an idiot, shouldn't be on the road I was shocked and could only reply 'resit you're driving test' POOR response.

So I was fuming and wanted to kill him (is this road rage LOL) and my two sons say "He might have right of way mum, he seemed very sure" So, was he right??? I was positive you only joined a main road when it was clear of traffic in every direction - especially from a 'stop' sign?? Or am I really an idiot

Comments please!!
    tartan toerag

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you were already on the road ( albeit in the turn right section) therefore HE had to give way to you as you had the right of way, he on the other hand had to cross 2 lanes of traffic ( 1st lane and yours), next time hit his car , make sure you hit the drivers door tho, might knock his cellphone out of his hand long enough to realise it is still illegal to use em while driving
    i used to have a bowl of sanity.......................................but i dropped it

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by astroghoul
    you were already on the road ( albeit in the turn right section) therefore HE had to give way to you as you had the right of way, he on the other hand had to cross 2 lanes of traffic ( 1st lane and yours), next time hit his car , make sure you hit the drivers door tho, might knock his cellphone out of his hand long enough to realise it is still illegal to use em while driving
    Cheers for that I would've hit his car (I was in my cr*ppy suzuki swift) but I had 3 of my kids in the car
    tartan toerag

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i know the feeling too well, usually have to bite my tongue when i have wifey and little un in the car, or i get "calm down they have gone now," gits wouldnt have gone if i was on my own, well maybe gone into a spin or preferably a ditch lol
    i used to have a bowl of sanity.......................................but i dropped it