Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quick question re Angel Eyes + HID

Hi,

FK angel eyes arrived today, and the HID kit is supposed to arrive in about a week from Hong Kong.

Basically the question, how do you run the trail-wires from the bulbs?

I don't mean how to connect/wire them, I mean how should they "exit" the angel eyes? Do people just cut a small hole at the bottom of rubber boot? But would that lead to condensation?

Thanks.
    Astra Coupe Turbo Project Log KW var2, BK299, Apexi, HID, Angel, Leather Cobra, Phoenix Gold, GT/R2, Fluted, DV26D, Pre/Sports/Catback, CarPC, B&M, VXR Turbo, Tarox-10, Phase 3! Car is for sale!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah just feed the bulb and wires through a small hole in the rubber boot - i had no choice with mine as they were bought 2nd hand off a member on here but Ive had no problem with mine condensation wise (well at least not related to the hole in the rubber boot)

Personally speaking I dont think condensation would be much of an issue in these circumstances but if u were extra concerned then u could always run some silicon around the hole in the boot or maybe fit a grommet around the wires. I'd just leave them as is...but the options there!

What output kit did u order? 4300, 6000, 8000, 10000 or 12000 ? Ive got 8000k and they are perfect!

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Could you not use the orgional wires comming from the angel eyes as there will be some running other the light already and its sealed

I know thats what i'll try to do
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you, cut the boot it is then!

I've not told the seller what colour temp I want yet, I am thinking either 6000k or 8000k. From various pics on the net I think 8000k looks better, but I am worried that it might be too blue? So how blue 8000k actually is in your experience?

Oh by the way, where do you put your ballasts? I want to cable-tie them somewhere so that I don't have to drill anything, but I don't know where yet!

Thanks.

Autosparks: There are four wires from each bulb, and there are only 2 wires in the angel eyes near the bulb.
    Astra Coupe Turbo Project Log KW var2, BK299, Apexi, HID, Angel, Leather Cobra, Phoenix Gold, GT/R2, Fluted, DV26D, Pre/Sports/Catback, CarPC, B&M, VXR Turbo, Tarox-10, Phase 3! Car is for sale!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Personally I wasnt over keen on the FK wiring (German for F***** Krap if u ask me lol) so certainly wouldnt wanna run my HIDs via the factory fit loom....anyway the loom only has the 2 female spades where it would connect to the normal H7...then again u already know this so I'll stop waffling.

8000k is not too blue - its perfect! 10000 is far too blue and 12 is just plain silly and very purple!

as for ballasts u wanna whip off the bumper and hide them behind the bumper bar . i'll dig out a thread i did when i fitted mine complete with piccies

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Fair enough

Must admit I didnt see a problem with it myself apart fromt he side lights being wired up back to front which ment my LED's didn't work
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    U wanna try and fit the ballast somewhere like this....it'll be a snug fit and u may have to reshape (slightly) the foam padding on the bumper bar (depending on model) .... here it is anyway

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This looks great!

Thanks a lot, much appreciated.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I drilled a hole for the gromet to sit in so it stayed all sealed still then fitted the ballast/ignitor under the headlight out of sight.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I finally got around to fit them... and managed to f*** it up completely!

Fitted the dipped beam (and HID bulbs!) to the inner instead of outer, and broke the bumper mount brackets (where it joins the arch) while refitting the bumper (I blame the lack of sunlight)

Does anyone know whether the bracket can be replaces? Or are they moulded onto the bumper itself, and I need a new bumper? (Please nooooo....)

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast