Thread: Anyone driven a mini

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anyone driven a mini

Went car hunting today, ended up at a BMW dealer looking for a 3 Series coupe, didnt find one but did see alot of minis.

Has anyone actually driven one??

Obviously I would want a Cooper S, is the Cooper much a lesser car?
    VTEC- Cos 9k RPM is fun

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've driven one, i liked it in some ways but not others, it was quick for what it was, seemed to hold the corners well, but it was that damn dash.. i just couldn't enjoy the car properly having to look at it.. some people love it, personally i don't.

If it had a diff dash, i probably would have got one.
    ~Not long now people~

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i drove my mates clasic mini cooper today and im 6ft 11 it was well fubbt the looks i got when i got out of it at the pub

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The Cooper S is built that little bit better than the lesser models but they still have their faults, mainly creaks & rattles.
    For me thay are totally impractical and vastly overpriced but people still love em.
    Go for a 120d if you want a small car, they go like stink(Mind you the Astra Sports hatch 150bhp diesel is bloody quick) and handle well(Rear wheel drive). Stay away from the petrol models if you want performance except maybe the 130m. 320Cd Coupe is a nice car in M Sport spec.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Test drove a cooper s. Like previously said. Quick for what it is, but didn't really impress. Handling was sharp, but the dash was nasty and it just didn't feel to me like I should be parting with all that money for that car!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have driven both

My Mrs owms a cooper and my mate had a cooper-s

every time i drive the mrs car it puts a smile on my face and i have a 250bhp GSI

the cooper-s can be tuned to 220bhp easy and handles like a dream

i say go for it if you can with a cooper-s
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The MINI is one of the best cars I've ever driven tbh. Not my kind of car at all but I really respect how good they are to drive. They also hold their value extremely well.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    lupo gti is a better car than a mini
    Former Mk 4 2.0 Sri
    Former Mk 3 1.6 Sport
    Now VW LUPO GTi

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you wanna get the radford version:

http://www.austin-rover.co.uk/rtradfordf.htm

Lovely...

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Well I raced the BMW Mini Cooper S round Donington (not an actual race car but a clients car). I must handling yes very impressed I did manage to get it side ways out of Hollywood.
    It took corners very well with plenty of feeling like you can go faster than that into there. But there was no warning when the traction finally gave way so you have to be quick on your toes. The front just gripped and gripped and gripped barely any understeer.
    I found it poor on low end acceleration but as soon as you start talking the higher figures it pulls very nicely. I didn't get the feeling of going fast which was a little disappointing in a go kart (effectively). Managed to get to 125mph down the back straight of Donington. The brakes are majorly effective jesus christ I was out braking virtually everything on the track into every corner. The brakes are so effective.

The interior is aweful in my opinion. the MPH clock in the centre of the car I can get used to but everything else, just didn't do it for me at all. The car is great you point it in the direction required and its away. Its so small you can be cheaky and with the power to help it get there I'm amazed by its performance. It managed to last for 15 full power laps round Donington before we'd completely destroyed the brakes and had to crawl home. In conclusion Sunday car without a doubt. Everyday car forget it. Would I want to be seen in one on the streets? No personally I wouldn't. I would however like to be seen in a lovingly cared for or restored older type Mini.
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast