Thread: Help on what to do..... (long, but read pls)

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Help on what to do..... (long, but read pls)

What would you do if in my shoes?
    I stay at my G/Fs house quite often, and her street has its own car parking bit behind the houses. Its not perticulally well lit, and isnt exactly the best part of Britain to leave a car. (a lad enterd an old car of mine, was looking in the glove box and was scared off by a neibour who realised it wasnt me, and fled with nowt) But that seemed a one off attack, and happend a good year ago now.....

Just recently, a small group of kids (must be aged 14 to 16) are hanging around at night in a corner. To be honest, they dont seem the type to do anything, and appear to just talk quietly about school, and generally seem harmless..... Ive noticed tho, the group is slowly becoming bigger and louder (they still arnt REAL trouble though, it would seem)

2 nights ago, a bloke whos car is out there every night, had his passenger window smashed in. Nothing taken and it would appear that nobody even got in his car, so it wasnt done by your average thief but almost a sort of "I dare you to smash a window"

The group (obviously) saw nothing, and werent there that night. (so they say) and have said "we only sit here talking, if we saw somebody eyeing up a car here we'd say something, or wake you up"

Its a tough one as the kids seem genuine, but as there numbers grow, so does the ammount of vandalism (other things like side repeaters being pulled off, but left next to the car, unbroken and easy to fix have happend) And as of yet, MY car is untouched.... but for how long.......

do I wait till one morning and my cars on bricks or just tell the group to ***** OFF?
    Oh, and the only other places to park are either worse for vandals or about 2 miles away!!!!! Thanx for reading......
    "Take the time to make some sense, of what you want to say, and cast your words away upon the waves."

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Chat to them nicely.. they may have an interest in cars so if you pay them a bit of respect saying hi to them and stuff you may find they a decent bunch of kids...

If all else buy em 10 lamberts a bottle of white lightening cider and bribe them to " car watch" for you lol
    Bungee Jumping

Suicide for indecisive people.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You'd be surprised if you get to know them they may well leave yours alone. I hate to say it but you have to be alittle selfish and look after your and your missus priorities.

If you piss them off then they will no doubt look for revenge and target you instead

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, spose its better to have them "on my side". Im a trusting bloke, and like I say, EVERY other adult blames and hates them, but to me there just kids growing up. An I beleive what they are saying....... I just cant imagine waking up to a car thats been broke into, so everybodys suspicious......
    "Take the time to make some sense, of what you want to say, and cast your words away upon the waves."

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Talk to em, if the worst comes to the worst give a few of em a lift somewhere if you see em walking. Then you know for sure they'll leave your car alone!!
    0-60 in 6.5 secs and 48mpg- winner!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds a good plan, just befriend them a bit..... Think ill opt for the ciggies and alcohol option first, to brake the ice. missus said give them a tenner between them to clean me car (under my supervision!) as they will admire there work at night instead of touching it!

(spesh if i sneak it home and do a proper job of cleaning it after....)

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    good idea about washing it.

you might wanna be careful about the alcohol though, judging by the age you said they were!!
    0-60 in 6.5 secs and 48mpg- winner!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah thats true.... next time I see them all Ill just go over and start a convo, been trying to think what me and my mates would do at that age in their boots. Feel like arnie in kindergarten cop!!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    agree with all of the above sugestions!
    but..................... being the suspecting person that i am lol, have you thought about setting up a video camera at night from a window inside your gf's house? just so can be sure if they are as innocent as you think?!?! when I was 16 me and my mates were nicking wheel trims off cars for fun?!?! (clearly i've now learned the error of my ways and decided to be a grown up) lol
    SXI Cheeky Bird!
    2003 1.6 16v Black!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its hard to explain but me g/f house is opposite the houses that the car park backs onto..... so no. could ask somebody tho I spose......