Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hehe done it again... improved styling to the mondeo...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hehe done it again... improved styling to the mondeo...

For those that remember i posted end of last year the two mondeo's stripped apart to sort the windscreen washer pump.. well thats me actually got it done!! cars due an MOT and i thought i better get my finger out and sort the pump...

So I stripped the front end YET again and this time i got the full bumper off thanks to M7ACD's work only puttin one bloody bolt in each side after the bumper was replaced due to atransit backing into it last november!!

What amazed me was that the front end is like Plastic including the Slam Panel!!!

Still looks kinda cool in a stock car kind of way Pics are off my phone

by the way.. car was moved with everything odff... it wasnt parked over the drain i had to move it so dadcould get the bike in and out after Peoples gave us the wrong bloody washer pump!!
    Stanceworks.com.... Low IS a Lifestyle

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    personally...I am amazed how much plastic there is at the front end crash bar
    why do today what you can...... I'll finish this later

2958cc was 175BHP @ 4000rpm, 370Nm (273lb.ft.) @ 1900rpm NOW 230BHP/469Nm (344.9lb/ft)!! www.IUsedToOwnTwoAstras.com

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If i had of used my noggin i should have got the digi cam out, get some clearer pics...

The full front end from one Chassis leg to the other is like plastic... it's not actually plastic but i'm assured it can withstand a pretty substantial impact...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Weird. I had to take my dads car into Ford today to replace the water pump. Common problem I'm assuming.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sten
    Weird. I had to take my dads car into Ford today to replace the water pump. Common problem I'm assuming.
    Must be on the new models anyways!! Never had any bother with the LX which was a 2001 model..

Ours hgas been liek that since we got the car, i tried changing it with the LX's but the connections were different was just going to cut the wires and join them glad i didnt!!!

£45.18 for the first new pump they sent out - which was wrong and for the up to 2003 model

£14.95 for the second pump we got today - 2003 on model

funnily enough... the First Pump we had sent out to my work (last month ) was wrong.. and dearer as above... and it was despatched by none other than my Old Supervisor at MG Rover!!! guy was a total plank never f**kin listened to me and now it shows!! he didnt listen to the fact i saidit was a facelifted model and argued with me over the phone about it after giving him every possible detail he needed!

So guess who's getting their baws rapped by the manager after i complained to him with my dad

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    The usual problem with the washer pumps on mondeo's is the filter in the washer bottle that the pump sits in blocking up and people continuing to try using the washers untill the pump packs up, remove filter and clean and the pump lasts ages, only a 15 min job if that
    HIGHDOWN Car Audio & Security
    Clifford, Genesis, Rockford, CDT Audio

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by techsteve
    The usual problem with the washer pumps on mondeo's is the filter in the washer bottle that the pump sits in blocking up and people continuing to try using the washers untill the pump packs up, remove filter and clean and the pump lasts ages, only a 15 min job if that

15 minute.. you tried to take a mondeo front bumper off??

tried that Last year no improvement, the pump was actually f****d! water was gettin to the jets but it was hittin the bonnet with no force at all! the pump also sounded liek it was dying, didnt have the same sound as the new one, we got the car at 14,000 miles it was an ex-managers car so i thought it was the filter at first

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Don't take the bumper off, i pull down the lower cover and do it
    That is usually the first sign of the filter blocking up, the washers lose power and struggle to hit the screen, do em weekly at work
    HIGHDOWN Car Audio & Security
    Clifford, Genesis, Rockford, CDT Audio

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Luckily ours has a bit of warranty left so it didn't cost anything. I had to remind my dad of this though, he was all for taking it to a local garage to pay for it!
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by techsteve
    Don't take the bumper off, i pull down the lower cover and do it
    That is usually the first sign of the filter blocking up, the washers lose power and struggle to hit the screen, do em weekly at work
    pain in the arse when it aint on a set of ramps! plus i'm glad i took the bumper off found out why it aint sittin right, the arsehole that put it on at Macd's work when we got the bumper replaced only put it on with one bolt each side!!

was well hacked off when i saw that, bumper hangs down at the front and has about a 12mm gap between headlight and bumper always wondered why

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast