Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fags, destroy me having them, destroys me not having them!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fags, destroy me having them, destroys me not having them!!

Hi All,
    I am a smoker. Smoke 25/30 a day. Not Good. I have a heart condition too. Want to jack it all in just feel "youl never sucseed so why bother" Deeply annoys me to think I throw upward of 50 quid a week away on fags. Esp when my car is out there almost standard because "I cant afford it at the mo". JUST SAY I gave up for 2 weeks, I could have a debadged grille and both boot and bonnet lifters (from LMF) and thats just a start, so Imagine "me motor" in 6 months!!!!! VERY ANNOYING!

Please somebody- tell me your in my shoes and wanna give up to fund your car......

(He says sparkin up!)
    "Take the time to make some sense, of what you want to say, and cast your words away upon the waves."

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its not so much if you want to pay for the mods on your car... its whether you want to live to be able to drive it!!

i have cut down masses now... got a new house which i dont smoke in and work from home half the week and in an office the other half .. prob do about 5 a day if that now.... hoping to stop real soon but doing it in stages.....

If you REALLY want to stop... go to the docs they giving everything out free now!!!
    Bungee Jumping

Suicide for indecisive people.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That is £2400 a year you could be chucking at your car instead - it all mounts up!

Then again I'm larger than the average so I can't really comment on addiction matters I suppose!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sorry m8 but i dont think any amount of will power will you are gunna be able to kick the habit strait away just cut down maybe 20 a day carry loads of chewing gum and loads of them nickatin patches just take your time and do it gradualy

good luck

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Forget the money and the car, there's nothing more precious than your life, if ou've had a scare use it!!!!

If not it'll be along shortly, lets hope you ge a second chance, many don't

ps, i smoke too sometimes
    25 Year old Gte restoration................Started!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you want to stop or cut back, go onto rollies.

I did and smoke less because I canot be arsed rolling them. And I am less that £5 every 2 weeks on filters, papers and 'baccy.

Its a means to an end IMO, I will stop but when I am ready to.

You can get the patches from the doctor?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    can anyone recomend a nicotine chewing gum that doesn't burn your throath and make you want to throw up? i've got the nicorette i cant stand the stuff its easier to smoke a ciggy than chew the stuff and that even mixing it with 2 peices of normal gum,
    Disclaimer: My views and opinions are exactly that. I do not encourage or condone the actions in posts.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I smoked 20 a day, now Im at an average 5-10 a day, through will power only. But essentially because of Paranoia, whenever I was ill i thought "cancer", no matter what it was, sore throat? "cancer", bad cough, "cancer", any symptoms relating to cancer I thought I had cancer and that's what gave me the power to cut down. I'm only 19 and very very paranoid when it comes to health, I'm also asthmatic which doesn't help.

Dude, 25/30 is an awful lot, especially with a heart condition. Psychology can play a big part in quitting smoking, especially if you're into the modding scene! Imagine "what if?".....what if you didn't buy those cigarettes last week and you had a new debadged grill on your car like you say! Killing two birds with one stone as you're getting healthier and putting money to good use.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    At the end of the day though sunshine... its like losing weight.. getting fit.. stopping drinking... or calming tempers... The only person that can make it happen is YOU.. and you have to want to do it bad enough.. A list 100 items long with reasons to stop will only tell you what you already know!

and if all else fails.. get a patch and stick it over your mouth!
    Bungee Jumping

Suicide for indecisive people.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by doolallyladee
    get a patch and stick it over your mouth!
    Herbal cigarettes are also an alternative

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast