Thread: Norms 5 door mk4 turbo show car project...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Norms 5 door mk4 turbo project...

Thought id make a start...

I bought a mk4 Ls 1.6 8v V reg 2000 astra at an auction January 5th 2004 for £3000. At that time it had done 75k miles and was owned by a motorway maintenance company.

At that time i hadnt found A-S and was 17 so unfortunatley didnt have that much taste. I had to fit some 15" alloys i had on my punto first and an opc grill.

A trip to the local scrappy sourced me an irmcher rear bumper lip, rear boot spoiler and exhaust. I went to luton to buy a coupe front bumper and bought irmscher smoked rear lights from germany and a debadge.

The alloys looked silly so i bought 5x mille miglia ev-s 17" with toyos. Also around that time i had the door handles, irmscher side skirts, irmscher mirrors and bump strips colour coded by station bodyshop. Oh and smoked headlights and side repeaters.

I think iirc i then had the coupe front bumper and irmscher skirt smoothed in and deslatted also the carbon bonnet with bonnet extension and lumma grill smoothed in.

of course nothing goes to plan...

bonnet flipped up doing 80 on the motorway, so fit bonnet pins if you want a carbon bonnet! the bumper was too low and made driving a pain as it was lowered on eibach 30mm and koni adjustable dampers.

Around that time i sourced some 888 front sparco seats and retrimmed the rears to match. Which was met with some critisism etc I have also retrimmed the doorcards and roof in black alcantara. Have blue gaitors made by glen yale and feet mats to match.

I had a gsi steering wheel with the grey bottom section but found one with a black bottom section from germany to match the interior better.

I had a carbon fibre interior sticker set matched with irmscher handbrake and gearknob.

That was it for mods for a while as my headgasket when, ruining the x16szr that ran 83.3bhp at regals. But that wasnt a problem really as i had a spare

The infamous front room thread where i stored the engine!

but there were also bits under my bed, in my wardrobe and in any nook and cranny i could find. I had to source all the other ancillaries and bits and bobs from c9rum and work started...

a few months work etc got it all in...

but things werent happy a few things wrong with the bits i fitted that i couldnt have known before i fitted them
    Clutch master cylinder, power steering pump, exhuast was blowing etc radiator was leaking, wiring faults and a duff ecu from calibre coachworks!

theres plenty of other bits regal did for me but in the end its running phase one and running perfectly but a broken coilpack is holding me back

heres the finished article for now, its going in for mods and full respray soon, also a JL ice install before the shows next year.

so more bodywork and engine mods on the way thanks for reading

Andy
    Car broken- A3 170 quattro s-line

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Little update.... bought these alloys...

for the bargain price of £78. but... needed the money so sold them for £450, thats bought me new discs, pads and tyres

dropped the keys off at the bodyshop where itl stay for 3 weeks to get all the bits done on it. itl be unveiled at the astra-sport xmas party

oh and Total Vauxhall will be featuring it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    some pics of the car before she went away ...

here it is in the bodyshop looking sorry for itself...

pic of a complete new boot skin made for me by the bodyshop, also the pathetic looking exhaust, soon to be replaced by a blueflame

the old carbon bonnet to be reincarnated also the extended wings. you can see the old side repeaters that are being replaced by something else

the vent

seen it again yest but didnt take any pics. bonnets been extended and the dents in the roof sorted

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oops havent posted post respray pics!

got these wheels to fit next week also fitting coupe skirts today, wiring up an electric sunroof asap and coilovers before pvs

its in total vauxhall next month so keep a look out