Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I Cleaned my car today

AND I DIDNT TAKE ANY PICTURES...

yay... go me

haha

my car never impresses me no matter how much i clean it... makes me not wanna clean it.

too many different colors.

door is lighter than the rest of the car.

the bumper is darker than the rest of the car, along with the bonnet.

and theres scratches over the car the roof has 4 nasty scratches asif the previous owner put something on the car and it scratched the roof.

the front drivers side has scrapes on the bumper (i presume previous owner hit something)

i wish i could get it lookin really nice... but i dont have the money to respray the door or pay for a respray on the bumper. and as for the roof.

is there anything i can do to remove the scratches?

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Believe it or not there is a forum dedicated to Car Care and Detailing - try looking (or even posting) in there

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    guess its flame red then? lol mine looks the same!
    ARDEN BLUE GSI

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You know... ive never noticed that forum... did you just make it? /sarcasm

i know its there... but if i had posted there it would have taken away from the clichéd post.

@ windrew = actually mine is star silver

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A good way to remove scratches is a respray

If you arent interested in cleaning then theres not much point in listing all the products you'll need to buy and use and the amount of time and effort it takes to make a car as shiny as many of the cars on here.

I like to keep my car shiny and clean but its not just a case of some zipwax in a bucket and a 50p sponge. I've spent over £100 on waxes and polishes and it is waxed and polished once a month, which is a pain through winter as its freezing but if you want a car to look good, its gotta be done.

My 888 wasnt the cleanest car when I got it, it wasnt bad but it wasnt what it is now. It's only what it is now cos of the amount of work I've put into getting it this way.

Not all scrapes and stonechips can be removed (Thankfully I dont have any scrapes) but you can mask them if they arent too deep.

Time & effort
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Scott
    A good way to remove scratches is a respray

If you arent interested in cleaning then theres not much point in listing all the products you'll need to buy and use and the amount of time and effort it takes to make a car as shiny as many of the cars on here.

I like to keep my car shiny and clean but its not just a case of some zipwax in a bucket and a 50p sponge. I've spent over £100 on waxes and polishes and it is waxed and polished once a month, which is a pain through winter as its freezing but if you want a car to look good, its gotta be done.

My 888 wasnt the cleanest car when I got it, it wasnt bad but it wasnt what it is now. It's only what it is now cos of the amount of work I've put into getting it this way.

Not all scrapes and stonechips can be removed (Thankfully I dont have any scrapes) but you can mask them if they arent too deep.

Time & effort
    Quote Originally Posted by monolith
    but i dont have the money to respray the door or pay for a respray on the bumper.
    I wouldnt mind putting in the effort if i knew cleaning it and spending 3 hours on it would make it look good, but at the same time why bother putting that kind of effort in, if at the end of it i know its still going to have a door the wrong color and the bonnet and bumper.

I will get the bumper done at some point as i wanna get a kit for it, and i'll make sure the colors match. btu the drivers door is the wrong color, and would cost a fair bit i imagine to re-color it.