Thread: Can You Fix Buckled Wheels??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Can You Fix Buckled Wheels??

I have a set of 18's that i bought cheap off ebay and have had refurbished for my coupe turbo. They are 5x112 et 45 and i have wobbly nuts and spigot rings fitted but there is still a bad shaking 60mph and above

When i was fitting the tyres onto them i found that 2 had slight buckles in them and a 3rd had a fairly big buckle!!

What i wanna know is can i get the wheels de-buckled safely to as new condition or should i just strip the tyres off, accept the loss of the cost of refurb and try to claim back my money form the guy i bought them off (only £150 and i know where he lives!!) as there was nothing on the ebay listing to say they were buckled nor did he care to mention it when i collected them!!

Not happy and need to start clearing my debts with a little one on the way, not add to them with things that arent my fault!!

Rant over all help much appreciated
    Zaffy VXR on the beat

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah one of my 17s on my old mk3 was badly buckled, got if straightened for 30 quid.
    Irmscher MK3 Astra Irmscher Mk4 SXi 1.8 16V Vectra C CDTi Astra H 1.7 CDTi XP Moonland SRi CDTi Sporthatch Astra VXR

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i am led to bealeave that if u get them repaired they will not be as strong as they should be ,therefore will be prone to breaking i may be wrong but this is what i was advised, mabe the balancing or tracking mite be off either thought of getting these checked??
    The car in front is my astra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Had balancing done but not tracking this will be done Monday.

Struggling to find anywhere down near me that will fix buckled wheels and not just re-furb them

Anyone got any ideas or its back to 17's for me!!
    Zaffy VXR on the beat

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone?

Dont know what to do atm!!
    Zaffy VXR on the beat

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had a Vx 18" Mk5 "Penta" wheel fixed. It was badly flat spotted and the rim was out of alignment with the hub. It took the guy quite a while to fix the problem, the flat spot was no real problem but the distortion in the rim took some sorting out.

It cost me £45 which included respraying in Shadow Titanium. He also said it was a myth about them not being as strong after, they ain't very strong in the first place

My contact was in Scunthorpe though which is little use to you I'm afraid.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No worries at least i know it can be done, i love these rims and my 17's tyres are already gone!!

Just have to get the yellow pages out and ring some companies

Cheers Oddjob
    Zaffy VXR on the beat