Thread: Very Traumatic.....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Very Traumatic.....

I dont know how many of you know that me and brett have a few animals...at the minute i have 3 cats and have had them all from 6 weeks old..Sox,Sneb,Dobbie,they are just over 4years ols now, Also two staffies,Lola and Boo,which by Sunday will be Princess Boo

Anyways,Sneb..the timid cat had been missing for a week,me and martin was peering at him over the fence (vauxys husband,nrj) and he wouldnt jump up..which wa sstrange..he was meowing but nothing seemed strange other than he wouldnt jump

Anyways..he was still missing 4 days later,everynight i would call him...meow to him,offer him food..but he didnt appear,even when we had terrential rain until Monday night..

Was just about to go to bed..and brett had turned all the light off but i went outside to see if i would get sneb to come home..i was calling him for ages and then i heard a cry a horrible painful cry...sneb coming hobbling to me crying,i panicked and picked him up,he was cold,wet and had lost weight...as i picked him up i felt somthing wet,hot and sticky undernath him...oh my god i thought..brought him into the hall and turned the light on,and i started screaming to brett to get the scizzors and i was panicking..i was frantic,crying screaming..didnt know what to do..someone had tied his coller form around his neck under his arm socket..his coller was wedged into his skin and the metal bracket was stuck under his arm socket it smelt really bad and severly infected

i cut the coller off,brett was worried too and told me to get dressed,he was tuggin on his jeans and off down the vets we went with him..it was midnight

that wound was days old,and he sat somewhere and sufferd,hungerd,got dehydrated and because hes so timid he was most likely frightend..i didnt know what to do..he had a 3 inch laceration under his arm socket and it is an inch deep..his arm socked is more or less decapatated,hes lost a lot of fur off his chest where hes walked and its rubbed off and it looks as tho he has been skinned as his sking and fur was pussed aside from the coller rubbing and getting deeper,they cant fix it or sow it til the infection has gone hes come home wiht a protective coller on..had a few injections so far ..two visists to the vets and more antibotitics..they are talking about skin grafts and everything so far..but the worst thing is hoping this will heal..as apparantly cats are notorious for wounds under their arms to not heal and it causes major probs..im heartbroken...brett isnt a cat lover and we only had the cats because of me...but i wa squite shocked that brett was as heart brokwn as me

sorry its a long post but i keep crying,its like watching a baby,he wont leave my sider,i have to litter him and treat him just like hes a kitten again,and if im gone mroe than 5 minutes he crys for me but stops when i walk in the room
    Addicts dont do cocaine...They merely just like the smell of it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Our brave little kitty ..sneb. x

click him x

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Thats aweful. I don't know how people could do this to a living thing (unless it somehow got it caught and managed to move it to its current position???)

Oh that is so sad. It will get better Dani. It just needs plenty of TLC at the moment. Which I'm sure your giving it.
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Drives
    Astra J Bi Turbo
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    awwww babes as I said in the pm that is so sad - why people are so cruel to animals is beyond me.

just hope he gets better soon, no doubt with your nursing he will be back to full Snebness in no time xx
    Astra J Bi Turbo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Aww Dani that sounds awful love Cant believe someone would do that How heartless... Poor little bugger
    Im not a cat lover myself but it breaks my heart that people could treat an animal like that.

My fingers are crossed for a quick recovery luv.
    All the best
    Astra 1.8 SRi, Z18XE, 5 Door, Star Silver ---RIP 18/12/2006---
    Vectra B 2.0 DTi LS

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    me and brett looked and there is not way on this earth cvould the cat of got caught and got himself in that mess...his coller was so tight...theres no way he would of got his leg through.,..its been loosend and then tied again..it wont even stretch that far

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    God that is awful. I don't know how anyone could do that either, its sick. I hope he gets better soon, and I'm sure he will.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyts1985
    Aww Dani that sounds awful love Cant believe someone would do that How heartless... Poor little bugger
    Im not a cat lover myself but it breaks my heart that people could treat an animal like that.

My fingers are crossed for a quick recovery luv.
    All the best
    thanks lee..means a lot

and hev my snebness is still as gorgeous...hes so timid though which makes it harder

Status
    Yer...I'm nuts!!
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Follow untouchable On Twitter
    My mums cat did that, but we spotted it before it got infected. The vets explaination was that she had got it caught on something like a branch, enough that she tried to get her leg through the excess space...we thought it had been done up tight enough, but with the 'safety' bit of elastic, it had stretched enough for her to hook her front leg through.

I hope your kitty mends soon hun xx

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i would love to think he just got it stuck,it would be easier for me to accept it..but even with the stretchy bit there isnt enough room for his coller to get around his leg and under his arm

he even had tiny cuts on his tail and back and leg...but i dont know what they are from because they have scabbed and are healing well...but that could of been somthing else

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast