Thread: Can i have your opinion?

Status
    Pipsqueak
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Can i have your opinion?

I have currently done 1 year of my college course. We broke up at the end of the year in june 2006 and we have just started back this monday just gone and been told that they have no teachers so we start back on this monday 1st october.

We have been given 7.5 hours of tests we have missed in the course last year as they needed to be included and havnt been as we never took them ( by no fault of our own) Fair enough we were taught the subjects that the tests include but thats not the piont as we rushed through them because the course was so bloomin unorganised. Everything was all higgeldy piggeldy.

The tests that we have been given have to be completed for monday the 1st otherwise "We will be kicked off the course"

So therefor we have a week from monday the 25th to complete these tests and taking into consideration we have been off for just under 3 months so our minds are blank really.

Fair enough we should know the answers to the questions and should have no problem doing them but like i said we got rushed through the subjects and have been given a week to do them when we have just had a 3 month break.

I have spoke to lots of friends who are in the same situation as me and they are struggling with the tests too. Is this really fair? - sorry had to rant..
    I dont own a vauxhall, i own another vw

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    WELCOME TO COLLEGE.

my college was exactly the same, we had 5 different tutors in 3 months, and nothing got done.

first year i scraped through with an E. second year, i got 3 months in, got wise and quit college... no notice.

realistically speaking, i was a bit quick about it, but im glad i did it.

im in a job i wanted to be in, and for my first job the wage isnt bad... it covers my outgoings and i still have money left over.

plus im getting valuable work experience, which i have found since i was looking for a job is more important than qualifications.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i had quite a few tutors at college,

i think college is a good idea for some people but personally i went there for 2 years, got some a levels, then got a job working with people who didnt even have GCSE's and others with degrees in maths and other things, all earning the same money and doing the same job,

end of the day, 95% of emplyers dont care one bit about qualifications, its experience they want, and to see how you show yourself in an interview, im only 20 and in the few jobs ive had since college (even tho all working for the same company) ive never even been asked what results i got at colege, just asked if i went,

unless your planning on going to uni i wouldnt worry about it, its not very important tbh,
    Drives - 08 Astra SRi XP 1.9CDTi 150

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Status
    Drives
    Vectra VXR + Astra Coupe Turbo
    Mentioned in
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Add Glasgow_Stu on Facebook
    was a college for 4 years doing engineering... all my jobs have had feck all to do with what i studied! makes sence dont it.. if you dont think its gonna help you do what you relly want to do then jack it in and get a job.. i know someone who has a degree and works in costa coffee.. so much for that bit o paper then eh!
    The coupe...ITS ALIVE & back from the dead....again!
    The internet: where everybody knows everything about **** all.

become a paid member:
    http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/payments.php