Thread: People with HIDs (Xenons) Pleeeease Help!!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face People with HIDs (Xenons) Pleeeease Help!!

I bought a HID kit from Genuine in the group buy and I've been close to insanity whilst trying to fit it all! I'm no electrician so the wiring diagram might as well be in japanese!!

I'm trying to fit these to the angel eyes headlights ('Depo' projector ones that seem identical to the FK ones)...

I've had the car jacked up and the bumper and lights off twice now, no matter how much time I spend trying to work it all out, I get nowhere... If anyone can tell me how the hell you set this HID kit up, I'll be very very grateful indeed!!!!

Heres some pics, I've highlighted the bits that are baffling me....

A general pic of the wiring set up, any obvious mistakes, bad connections????

This is the wiring diagram (confusing the hell out of me) :

Does the ballast wiring (purple box) seem ok?

This is the thing that is confusing me the most! What is it (in the red box) and where does it go???

Does the plug on the left here (in the green box) connect to the plug on the angels? Do the spades on the rights (in the yellow box) plug in behind the bulb? What am I meant to do with the original plug on the car loom?????

Are these fuses required during installation or are they just spares?

The main problems I had were trying to work out where the green thing goes and what to do with the original plug for the headlights (the one attached to the loom on the car).

Any help will be much appreciated, and if there are enough replies, this could turn into a 'how-to' for HIDs!

P.S Dear mods, I cant remember where I'm posting this thread so if it should be moved, sorry for the hassle!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have fitted one of these kits and it's not bad to do, so bear with me.

In the kit you'll receive a ballast and blub for each side plus a wire to plug the ballast in with (the plugs on each end fit into each other).

The confusing part is that the blub appears to have two lots of wiring, sort this out and the rest is easy.

When you look at the bulb two wires go into it's base and and at the opposit end of each wire there is a small single pin plug, these plugs should attach to the similar plugs that are on the end of the wire attached to the ballast (not the wire you plug into the ballast, the one that is permanently attached).
    The other wires on the blubs are a power supply for the ballast, one end plugs into the ballast and the spade clips at the bulb end go into the terminals where the orginal H7 bulb was orginally plugged into. This wire allows you to power up the ballast from the plug that orginally supplied the bulb, however you do not have to use these wires, I cut the rubber bung off and removed them. If you use then ensure you connect postive to positive.

Remember the other wire that could plug into it's self? this can be used to power the ballast instaed of the one with the spade clips on it, plug it in to the ballast and find the dipped beam wiring plug on the car's loom, the other end simply plugs in there!

Beware as the Astra is "reverse" wired to the kit, in other words if you plug the ballast into the loom positive will go to negative. You could cut and swap the wires over, however if you look at the plug that goes into the ballast you can take off the bit at the back of it, looking at the front of the plug insert a very small screwdriver into the hold beside each pin, they simply pull out fromt he back. You can refit them in the opposit holes and reverse the wiring that way.

Sorry I have no pictures, but it's simple if you look at the wires while reading the above.
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for taking the time to go through all that!!! It was driving me mental so I followed your instructions and now I've got the xenons working! Result! The difference is unreal, I'd recommend this mod to anyone!

I'll post some pics up soon.