Thread: Major Problem Deactivating Immobilser Please Help Me

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Major Problem Deactivating Immobilser Please Help Me

I have a Astra 2.0 16v sport 5 door love my car but, friday left work, and car wouldn't start, friend brought up some jump leads, and car would still not start although it was trying to . left car at work, my friend attempted to try to try again at 10 friday night, and battery was completely flat!! Saturday morning, i replaced battery, and thinking that would solve my problem, it didn't!! i've had an auto diagonic done on the ECU, that seems fine, but it seems that the immobiliser has activated, and has the key is not sending the signal to deactivate ! wouldn't mind, but didn't even realise car had immobilser!!! is there any way round this problem without haven't to contact Vauxhall for the 4 digit passcode which i wasn't given when i brought the car, and if i do need to contact vauxhall, how can i speed them up to give me the codes quicker than the 42hours ive been quoted to get them???? i am a single parent, who desperately needs her car to get both her little boy to school and me to work by monday morning????

these are some replies i have received:

"Do you use a battery operated keyfob to activate the immobiliser.? or is it the contact type.?

if it was the imobilliser, the electronics light should have been flashing when you tried to start the car (the picture of a car with a spanner through it)
    in which case normally just leaving it 10 mins and trying again will work, but obviously if it didnt you could need the code from vauxhall,
    and if they say 42 hours, then thats what it is, they wont hurry it, it needs to come from opel in germany, so just need to wait,

do you not have a spare key?"

my reply

"Hi,
    I have the same problem with either key. any more ideas???
    Could the immobiliser be bypassed or or replaced???
    any ideas on where to get cheap replacement.
    Is this an easy job?

AND IMMOBILSER MUST BE CONTACT TYPE.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP
    LYLOLISA"

"Hi Lylolisa,
    I feel sorry for your problem. However, I hope this will help. Open your car bonnet and open the main fuse cover (it should be next to the relay box). From top to the bottom fuse 6 (it should mark 20) check it see if it blown. If it not check the fuse 2 (it should mark 60). If that doesnt work check the interior fuse 46 which you find it in your manual book. Make sure you replace all broken fuse. Wish you luck!!!"

THE STATE OF PLAY IS NOW:

I received my car codes from vauxhall, again i've had my auto diagnoic man out tonight (monday 25.09.06), and still no joy!!! the immobilser is still not deactivating!!!

the machine he uses, has programmed the keys correctly and, it is still saying "wrong signal"

i've had all the fuses checked, as he is part of a very reputable garage in my area, he has thoughly checked the car, and now he has to tow to his workshop for more work and try and find the source of the problem

if anyone can help, shed some light, and give any advice, please tell me!

this is getting quite frustrating, as i have a little 5 yr old boy, who i had to walk nearly 2 miles today to get to school, and is knackered before even getting there

PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME
    THANKS

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    It may be that there's a fault with the pick up thats around the ignition barrle that picks up the transponder built into the key otherwise I suspect it's a faulty ECU

No way of bypassing these immobilisers i'm afraid as it's built into the ECU

Is the electronics light flashing like asked in one of the questions above?
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi, yes the electronics light is flashing, car is now in garage being worked on, they have been able to get the parts, and are only charging me £160 all in, which i think i've got a good deal

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    What parts are being replaced? A full run down of the cure would be nice when its finished
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi, just let you know the latest, car was towed into garage, i know they have replaced some things on the car, and car is now running, they doing a full service and other work on it so should get it back today, i'll let you all know what parts was needed and how much to get it running again.
    thanks for all your help
    i'm so happy, i get my baby back tonight!!!

i brought a K reg cavalier SRI 2000 16v redtop to get me about, any offers??

lisa