Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

poxy dvla

Bit of a Rant -

Booked my threory for my bike test and went to look for my paper part of my licence but havent a clue where it is so checked the dvla site today and i have to send off a form to get a new one wich a cheque for £19!!! even though id have to pay that silly price i still have to wait 3 weeks to get it which is no good as my test is next thurs all this over a bit of paper which we shouldnt even need everything should jsut be done by the photocard part!

rant over
    Heading back to the world of AOC

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    in an ideal world - yes everything should be done by the photocard - but considering the cost of this its far simpler the way it is - and if any additional categories or endorsements need to be added then they can just be printed on the existing one or even a new document produced for a lot less dough than modifying the existing/producing a new card.

I know Im not helping with this reply - guess Im just having a rant too! Hope u can get it sorted somehow. Personally I just keep both card & counterpart together at all times - much easier should u ever get stopped!

Anyway good luck and hopefully u can get it resolved and go enjoy the wonders of 2 wheel fun!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    only thing i dont get is why you need to keep record of the points etc as when you get stoped etc the police pnc you and can tell anyway would be alot simpler that way only exception to the rule is he people that have the old style paper licence but they can carry on as normal till the dvla decided to enforce a swap over

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yup just another one of the weird DVLA beurocracies (sp) Dont get me started on those though I could rant all day about the feckers!!!!

Theory test is a piece of piss (ive taken quite a few in my time) and just common sense - just try to resist the temptation to laugh out loud on the hazard perception part like I kept on doing - much to the annoyance of the other candidates. The videos are just so stupidly funny!!!

Anyway I'll shutup now!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeha theroy seems pritty straight forward never had to do a hazard one but doesnt seem to bad basically click if somethings pulling out on you then if it keeps coming click again not had a go on one yet going to have to have a go im thiking. nice bit of room for error though as only need 44 out of 77 and i dont think me reactions are that bad.