Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

help!!!!!

hey
    right where do i start?
    i have got an astra gsi mk3 2.0 16v redtop
    the problem is it got stolen a while ago by some scruffs, but i ended up getting it back with out claiming.
    it turnrd up at mine on a hi hab after apparently out running a few police cars and a t5 to be latr found on a local waste ground(if the person who stole it with his little smack head brother is reading this... there is a good chance that you are, ill be rond yours to say hello soon enough)
    rite when it came back it looked nackered bt one turn of the key and it fired up perfectly i hve started work on it but starting to think about breaking it for parts

can some one please make the decision for me as i am really fed up!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sorry if i sound abit aggresive its just as you can probably all understand that when you have car that you love and you spend every weekend and evening doing it up and you spend all of your spre money on it. and then in a few hours it gets abused it does get to youabit!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    For me, personally, I wouldn't keep it knowing some scratter had stole it and been driving in it, I'd sell it, or sell the parts, start a new project.

However, it depends on how much you have spent on it and how much time you've devoted. Hard choice really, but at the end of the day no one can make the decision for you, it's upto you!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    in the end the choice is upto you, if the can means alot to you and you've put a lot of blood sweat and hard work into it, keep it and bring it back to the glory it deserves, my advice would be install a cat1 alarm/immobileser its worth the £400 to know you car is safe fom glue sniffing butt monkeys, that my 2pence
    Disclaimer: My views and opinions are exactly that. I do not encourage or condone the actions in posts.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Start it again and rub their noses in it to show them that they havent got you down but do as sxi z16xe says fit a decent alarm to it

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it had a cat1 in it!!!! this is what annoys me most!!iv gutted it back out and started fixing each and evaey last bit of it the worst thing is when i started stripping it i found a god damn sirrenge under the floor mat!!!iv striped all the kit off and started to right down what it needs big list!
    on the up point i started her p today and she just sat purring so now i have allen back in lve with it(sad i know!!!)
    i also have a complete gsi interior in quite good condition if any one wants it or know what its worth!!!
    thanks peeps!!!

ps was speeking to the police and they say cars with redtop engines are being stolen more frequently dont know why but just keep your cars well and trully locked up

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mike, welcome...

There are many ways which you can disable your car so that thieves can't drive it away...from simple rally style ignition cut out switch hidden - to removing ht leads .!
    Sounds like you really like it ... and it goes well.

If I was you, I'd consider a colour change after getting it fixed up....then you wont be stopped by police all the time (them thinking it's stolen)....

Don't let them win - bollox to them !

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers mate
    its parked up outside now with no battery and igntion wire out blocked in by my work van and my girlfriends car.
    iv given up working on it for the day now bearing in mind its 10.40pm and i started on it at 10.00am!!!!
    but its looking like it should a bit more now.
    cheers for all your words supprisingly this web site has really helped
    does any one know how much i should be asking for the interior its in good condition no scuffing etc
    thank again guys and girls!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it good to know your not letting them get to you, just think when go get it up and running again, there's a good chance the guys who stole it will be in the slammer getting there nightly visit from big daddy
    sorry for being so crude but i hate car thieves,
    Disclaimer: My views and opinions are exactly that. I do not encourage or condone the actions in posts.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    right this is the funny bit....
    actually not that funny
    the two lads (sorry creatins) that stole it are getting away with it the reason.. the police know that they were in the car the police got a report that they had dumped it and were stood next to it with there mates basically smashing it up. the police then turned up and after brief chase caught them which to me should mean caught red handed. but the cps have said because the police cant prove which one was driving they will get away with it!!!

hmmmmmm would be a shame if one of the polce men was that fed up of them getting away with it he accicdently let there names and address

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast