Thread: Enhanced CRB Checks??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Enhanced CRB Checks??

A friend of a friend's is worried about job applications...

She has been cautioned a couple of times in the past 10 years, i think, one for ABH which was a drunken one off thing about 5 or 6 years ago, the other for shoplifting when she was in school.

Now she has grown up a lot since then, she's worried about the enhanced CRB checks.

Is there any way she can find out what comes up on her enhanced CRB checks as she wants to pursue a career with caring for disabled people?? And whether these cautions have any say in preventing her from pursuing the said career?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tjzac
    A friend of a friend's is worried about job applications...

She has been cautioned a couple of times in the past 10 years, i think, one for ABH which was a drunken one off thing about 5 or 6 years ago, the other for shoplifting when she was in school.

Now she has grown up a lot since then, she's worried about the enhanced CRB checks.

Is there any way she can find out what comes up on her enhanced CRB checks as she wants to pursue a career with caring for disabled people?? And whether these cautions have any say in preventing her from pursuing the said career?
    Has she had a Formal caution ? , eg down at the police station and signed a document , or just told off by a bobby ??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    think it was a formal caution, she mentioned she had to sign something !!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It lasts for 5 years according to the po po's.

If shes concerned, tell her to put it down on her application form. I got accepted for the job depending upon the crb check, then 2 weeks later had a letter through saying I hadnt got the job because I had lied in the interview. This was in the exact same career..
    I never knew I had a record until the crb check otherwise id of admitted it. Best bet is to tell them anyway and let them know how long ago it was and what it was for...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thats the thing, she applied for a couple of jobs, put down honestly the ABH caution which was whenever years ago, but feels she wasnt shortlisted for the job, even t hough she had the skills required and whatnot...

She hasnt heard a peep !!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok so she lies on form, they send off the crb check and she gets found out so she doesnt get the job and/or is sacked.

id tell the truth, let them interview her to find out the truth about what happened

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I dont have a formal caution but I think I will be getting one sometime soon , I accepted a new job on friday and at no time have they asked if I have ever been arrested / criminal record ect. I think its just employer pot luck

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If she mentions the ABH she is much more likely to get the job than if she doesn't bother and they find out on the CRB. She could try and explain that it was when she was young and foolish and that she hasn't been in trouble for however many years. But Im sorry to say ABH is not a good thing to have on a CRB if you want to work with people with disabilities as it shows they will snap if they get angry, and no way would they want that to happen at work.