Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just need some help on where im drilling?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just need some help on where im drilling?

Right i need to fit a 4awg Power cable into the car To run through to the back like always the problem is getting it through the bulkhead and its driving me daft.

i know theres a grommit on the drivers side but its like to inpractical for the cable to travel accross the full length of the bonnet then down the side of the car means ill have to buy a new cable since the cable i have is only 4 meters long and its not cheap lol.

so i was lookin at drilling through the bulkhead but theres so much stuff in the way to get a simple drillin point. Lookin at where people normally Drill ive taken some photos of the areas.

This is the Bonnet side:

This is the Glove box side:

Lookin at that it seems all very simple but on the glove box side it has like a rubber felt surroundin the full inside of the car guessin this is to stop loose wires touchin the bear metal.

I was thinkin about Cuttin a bit of that away so that i can geta better idea of where i would be drilling. Just hope theres nothing behind it?

Also Whats that Big circle thing next to where i wana Drill? guessin its something to do with power steering?

Just woundering also if anyone has any pictures of where they drilled their cable through the bulkhead so gives me a bit of a plan to work off.

Cheers People.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i am also in the same boat as you mate, so any help would be great. Thats the only place i could see to drill aswell, buut im worried il drill through to far and prang the power steering.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by djmesh
    i am also in the same boat as you mate, so any help would be great. Thats the only place i could see to drill aswell, buut im worried il drill through to far and prang the power steering.
    same ere im affraid of getting anything on the way through so what i need really is a picture of someone who has already done it...

im worried about the bottle on the other side as well like im sure if i take it slow ill be Fine but just making sure.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Take picture of this place (cause i cant find photo in my pc with it) and i will show u where i put 7AWG cable for my amplifer

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AMD
    Take picture of this place (cause i cant find photo in my pc with it) and i will show u where i put 7AWG cable for my amplifer

Here is a outward view of the Top picture the red circled area is like where the top picture is taken.

If you can Advise how you did it would be most greatful.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I never drilled me car i ran it from the batt around the front of the car. U cant c it and put it throw the grommit. it toke about 5m of cable so u people with 4m u wil av 2 drill and whatever way u go it isnt easy

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have drilled through the bulk head to put the wire through will take a pic tomorrow to show you. i was absolutely crapping it i admit it lol! but just do it really slowly
    Got XBOX LIVE? Gimme a game!
    Gamertag: DOGBOY14

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Craig.....you're at the right place....

Take a brave pill and drill !, and drill from the inside (easier)
    Use a small drill just in case, but you should be okay.

When I did it, I must have looked at both sides 20 times before taking the plunge !

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M40COO

When I did it, I must have looked at both sides 20 times before taking the plunge !
    lmao.

im up to number 15. its very hard to see where your going with it. im going to wait till after my MOT on tuesday and prob try at the weekend. im going to cut away some of thar rubber first as well so i have a better viewing area.

Any idea how thick the bulkhead is?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    heres a (crappy) pic of where i drilled sorry about the pic its so akward to get me phone in there lol

sorry about the pic size the power steering resevoir is the blurry thing on the left lol
    Got XBOX LIVE? Gimme a game!
    Gamertag: DOGBOY14

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast