Thread: Stupid Orange policy

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Stupid Orange policy

My mobile phone contract comes to an end tomorrow, so yesterday I rang the orange upgrade line to see what new phone I could get. I like the look of the Samsung D900.

There were 3 that I could get for free but they were rubbish, worse than my current k750i.

So I rang the disconection line and said that I wasn't happy with the phones that I was offered. If I wanted a Samsung D900 it would cost me £125 to upgrade, but if I start a new contract through the Orange website then its free!

Whats the point in that then? It just means more hassle for me with keeping my number and changing direct debits.

For a company that promotes fair deals for existing customers then they aren't doing it very well!

Status
    Going Topless!
    Drives
    Astra 1.8 Twintop, Lotus Carlton, Meriva VXR and Nova
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Thats exactly the reason i left Orange too.

After having problems with my last phone i got to the time to upgrade.

Wanted to stay with Sony Ericsson phones, but Orange wouldn't offer me any. So I threatened them with cancelling the contract and possibly moving networks.

I still didn't get any joy.

I'm on O2 now, with the phone i want.

(Well i will be when Sony Ericsson release it)

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's one of the main reasons I left Orange and moved to 3.
    Orange customer service is non-existant. They are the most unhelpfull, annoying, patronising, stuck up, snot-nosed, pompous bunch of 'people' I've ever had the pleasure of communicating with in a call centre.

I moved over to 3 for various reasons. The startup deals are incredible. The customer service is brilliant (allbeit from a call centre in india) and all the freebies and extra's you get during the course of your contract is amazing.

At the moment, I enjoy free TV, internet browsing (proper style, none of this wap crap) free MSN Messenger. They give you text messages when your bill is due and gentle reminders if you've over run. The best bit... and wait for it. I can pay all my bills on the phone, too! I've even got this place book marked on it.

So yeah, I'd scream and shout on behalf of 3. Contrary to popular belief, the call prices aren't ridiculous and actually a lot cheaper than a lot of other networks out there

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I left for that very same reason too. There's a pattern emerging here, isn't there, Orange?! Are you reading this?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    lol. This is why I left orange about 8 months ago.

I'm now with O2 and my contract states that te the end on my 18month contract, I will be entitled to the same deals as new customers!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i'd not had a problem with orange for 5 years until now.
    I'm nearly due an upgrade, but apparently this time i'd opted for an 18 month contract instead of a year. I do not remember this. And they wont sort it out.
    Typical... so if i dont get a great deal next time im off.

Status
    Going Topless!
    Drives
    Astra 1.8 Twintop, Lotus Carlton, Meriva VXR and Nova
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    You better start looking then Skuzz.

O2
    Vodaphone
    T-mobile.

Happy hunting.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I just left Orange too, due to their complete lack of customer service and the way you get a different answer to queries depending on who you speak to. Absolutely hopeless. I was getting 250 mins and 250 txts at (get this) £60\month so I rung and asked if I could change to that dolphin thing which is £35 for 500 mins\txts. Their answer was "no" because... Im an existing customer! The offer only applies to new customers! So ive gone to Vodafone who give me 500 mins\txts for £35\month Their upgrade policy is an absolute joke too...
    Vodafone are far more friendly and approachable, their coverage is better than Orange too... recommend them anyday!
    Astra 1.8 SRi, Z18XE, 5 Door, Star Silver ---RIP 18/12/2006---
    Vectra B 2.0 DTi LS

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've just binned Vodafone for the same reason as I did Orange. Lack of customer service.

Reasons

1. I had a SE K750i and the joystick packed up on it. Sent it back, accidentally leaving my 512Mb memory stick in it. New phone didn't have one in it. When I asked for the card back, I was told I couldn't have it and shouldn't have left it in there. They stole my card in my opinion!

2. Joystick packed in again. Had to have another 750i.

3. Third phones joystick packed up. Asked them for a different make of phone, as this model obviously has design fault. Told I had to have the same one again, despite all the trouble I'd had, or pay extra for a different model.

4. Downloaded a game from their wap site that didn't work. They said it was hard luck, although after writing many times to complain I did eventually get the money back.

5. When I started the contract, picture messages were included and took up 5 texts of my text allowance. They changed this and applied a separate charge. Again, tough sh!t on my part, they refused to change it, even though it was a major selling point for me when I signed up.

There were other things that I can't remember. I still have 8 months to go of an 18 month contract and that crappy, non-working SE phone is now sitting in a drawer costing me money whilst not being used!!!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had the same problems with my k750 as well although Orange did repair it for me (at a cost of £15 to send it off for a warrenty repair)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast