Thread: A word of thought.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A word of thought.

The new VXR engine is the same engine as in the Gsi rite, but better tuned. If you have a new VXR, u can have it remapped to 280bhp without any other mod. Therefore am i right in thinking, if you brought a vxr turbo and fitted it to the gsi engine, u could theoretically tune it up to 280bhp without any other mod. The traction control esp system is the same jus with slight mods which the vxr performance centre could do. Does this sound viable to any1 else?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    wrong mate, the z20leh (i think) has forged pistons, oil spray bars, no balancer things ( i think)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    The Engine is Different aswell as the Turbo Mate

GSi = Z20LET
    VXR = Z20LEH
    THE STATEMENTS MADE ABOVE ARE MERELY MY OPINION AND SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS STATEMENTS OF FACT UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    but is it tho, or is it jus the name? I would imagine its not exactly the same bit for bit but mite be close. I dunno was jus thinking really. If you were to bolt just the VXR turbo on, wot effect would that have if any?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    people swap the engines to the newer z20leh mate as its got a lot more things done to it forged pistons, oil spray bars to name a few

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ah, i knew it would never be that easy, but dont ask dont get. The problem i have is moddin mine so as the insurance wont know if i do crash it, ie remap etc. but that limits me as to wot i can do. all because ive had my last 2 astras broken into and all the kits and bits stolen!! typical!!

Status
    South West RO
    was Shane_SRI
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The VXR has more than just a bigger turbo. While the ZLET and ZLEH are very simular, the VXR also benefits from a larger air intake, bigger injectors as well as the larger turbo.

Strap all these advantages to a ZLET and with a decent map (and decent exhuast) you could quite possibly get 280bhp. Though you would be pushing the internals to their limit.
    Defend Freedom. You are the resistance!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Burtdick
    ah, i knew it would never be that easy, but dont ask dont get. The problem i have is moddin mine so as the insurance wont know if i do crash it, ie remap etc. but that limits me as to wot i can do. all because ive had my last 2 astras broken into and all the kits and bits stolen!! typical!!
    You would be surprised what the insurance do no.
    My mate had a panel filter and didnt tell them they viewd the car and said "possible induction kit" he got a pay out but it shows they do check. Although a remap wouldnt make a difference

Better off telling mate
    R.I.P - 08.05.06 CLICK My Astra
    BMW M3 Evo