Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My new car

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My new car (now with Added pics) (Now not to 56k Friendly)

Well after spending what felt like ages looking for a new car, I finally set myself a budget of £20000 to buy a new car. Along the way to deciding I test drove the following: Golf GTI, Golf R32, BMW 130, Skoda octavia VRS, Focus ST, Audi A3 3.2 and Audi A3 1.8 TFSI, Jetta TFSI and finally the Astra VXR.

In the end it came down to three cars the Jetta TFSI, the GTI and the VXR. At the end of the day I will admit that the Golf/Jetta were perhaps the best all rounders, but every time I drove the VXR it had me grinning from ear to ear. The clincher for me was not only this but the build quality was equally on par with the Golf and the price which was way way cheaper than the GTI. Oh and let me not forget the Golfs woeful delivery timescales.

SO I went ahead and ordered the VXR and was initially told 8 to 10 weeks delivery. Well no where near true, in the end it was just shy of 16 weeks (the reason will become evident when you see the spec). The spec is as follows:

Leather
    Climate Control (ECC)
    Parktronic
    Cruise control
    Xenon AFL headlights
    CDC40 radio (a very specific reason this was added but more down the line)
    Folding door mirrors (special order from the factory)
    Light and Sight package (Rain sensitive wipers, dimming rear view mirror, auto headlights etc) (again a special order from the factory)

The Alloys I deliberatly left as the 18" as I prefer the ride. Oh and as every VXR I have seen has been Blue, red and black it had to be silver. The plus I reckon thye car looks best in this colour.

So the reason for the delay, the fact that the factory order items, meant the car had to be moved from the VXR production line to the OPC one and then back again. This fell at the time when the factory closes for August so it sat on the lot at the factory awaiting final inspection before transport to the UK.

The pics are not great as it was parked up really close to the wall. So here goes:

When do I collect the car, well hopefully tomorrow, provided the funds have cleared into my account (a mess up on my part). Price I promised not to say but lets say I comfortably met my budget.

Plans: There are a few, wait and you will see.

I promise to post more pics real soon.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    looks hot baz matey
    18/16v mk 4 astra saloon bmc cda a Ffoeg special veccy pipe full catback system full entainment system 17inches lowered 40mm all round

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    looking nice mate
    hope your happy with it

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    yay well done matey you made the right choice and a brilliant spec, the 18"s look good too. pleased for you

SXi Stu
    wayhey another sporthatch owner, lovely cars mate, and i agree with you silver is also my favourite colour for the VXr

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    congrats mate
    USSRonline......

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    a long time coming hey mate, but it was certainly worth the wait Looking forward to more detailed shots and some of the interior

Relaly pleased for you as I know how excicted you have been waiting for it to arrive! You also beat me to it in the race to get the car home
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    Prince Eikichi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    nice one mate, looks really awesome!!!
    Don't blame me if I say stoopid things or don't understand... I'm half French, half Pinoy lol

That's no fun being engaged to a Princess... she’s ALWAYS RIGHT & you're always wrong lol

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oh I forgot to mention the car is MY07 spec so there are a few sutable changes. The exhaust is different sllightly, there are VXR badges on the doors which I have not seen before and the delears two demo's do not have. Not sure on the rest but the fellow that PDI'ed it reckoned there are a few under body changes as well. Oh and was well chuffed to see that the tyre valves are all metal.

The smile just keeps getting bigger and bigger. God I hope the funds clear for tomorrow.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    looks really nice in silver mate!
    goes with the wheels really well

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast