Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: demon tweeks (theiving ba*tards)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

demon tweeks (theiving ba*tards)

i ordered from demon tweeks on the 30 aug a set of goodrich hoses.
    £50 the guy tells me on the phone whic card will you be paying with. so i give him my card numbers for a payment of £50 which i questioned twice to be sure and he says yes both times.
    well the bill comes in and i been charged £18.44 to have it shipped from supplier and then they added vat on top of both
    whats that all about, i was not told i would be debited £68.44 i was told it would be £50
    is this fraud??
    customer services said there is nothing they could do and the sales man should have told me.....well he didnt.
    so i reported it to my bank and they are investigating.
    has anyone else had this problem or got a solution?
    grrr rant over
    learning the hard way

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'd have thought a big place like Demon Tweeks would have had those items in stock, they should have informed you that they were being sent from else where.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Demon Tweeks a Normally quite high with there prices anyway! But as he said it would be £50 and did not mention the price of shipping etc they had no right to withdraw that money from your account! if you ring them back and tell them you want that refund by law im sure they will have to give you a refund!

If you want i can check with my works trading standards department (i work for the Council) and its in the same area as demon theives!
    THE STATEMENTS MADE ABOVE ARE MERELY MY OPINION AND SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS STATEMENTS OF FACT UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Be aware most places like this quote ex vat figures. They do not include vat @ 17.5%. You may have an issue with them making this unclear. But check their T&C's as it may have a clause saying that all prices exclude VAT.

jam
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Have spoken to someone from Trading standards and they said that if it was not mentioned you are within your rights to request the Delivery back! But if you took it further it would be your word against theirs so they couldnt be forced to refund you. And the best bet is ring them and ask to speak to a supervisor and explain the situation saying that you were charged extra and if you were told this in the beginning etc you might not have pruchased them!

The other option is to return the good for a full refund (minus your postage back obviously) which you are within your rights to do so within 7 days of purchase as the goods/service was not as stated!

Hope that helps mate
    THE STATEMENTS MADE ABOVE ARE MERELY MY OPINION AND SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS STATEMENTS OF FACT UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jam
    Be aware most places like this quote ex vat figures. They do not include vat @ 17.5%. You may have an issue with them making this unclear. But check their T&C's as it may have a clause saying that all prices exclude VAT.

jam
    as far as I am aware you are no longer allowed to quote ex vat figures or dipslay ex vat prices unless you are a trade only supplier.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Depends if they class themselves as a trade supplier or a retail shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Darwin
    as far as I am aware you are no longer allowed to quote ex vat figures or dipslay ex vat prices unless you are a trade only supplier.
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dave_coupe
    Have spoken to someone from Trading standards and they said that if it was not mentioned you are within your rights to request the Delivery back! But if you took it further it would be your word against theirs so they couldnt be forced to refund you. And the best bet is ring them and ask to speak to a supervisor and explain the situation saying that you were charged extra and if you were told this in the beginning etc you might not have pruchased them!

The other option is to return the good for a full refund (minus your postage back obviously) which you are within your rights to do so within 7 days of purchase as the goods/service was not as stated!

Hope that helps mate
    thanks so much. i know he never stated it as an ex vat price and being a retail customer not a trader you expect all prices to include vat unless otherwise stated.
    i called their customer services and they said they are only able to offer me a discount to the value of over payment against another purchase. which i think is very unfair especially as i dont need nor want anything else.
    i know that i can get them for £50 delivered elswhere so why would i chose to pay £20 more lol.
    i have contacted my bank and they are looking into it and investigating for me. they said i should get a call back from them tomorow, but i only just got the bill today over 7 days from purchase so i cant return them now anyway
    learning the hard way

Status
    BAFPCITS
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not that I agree with what they did as he should have said but they do list prices for hoses as excluding VAT ( as well as most other products that cost more than £20 ) on their site..
    Mr Sploodge, Accept No Imitations!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i didnt look on the site, i got a card from a guy at pvs and he said to call and i been calling since then but goodrich have not had the stock, finaly last week they get some and i get one set ordered. so i was going by the price given to me over the phone, not what i had seen!! unfortunatly that ment i got ripped off
    learning the hard way

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast