Thread: Digidash Transducers

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Digidash Transducers

Hey...I am thinkin of fittin an digidash to my Nexia and have seen transducers described as 'tick type'. Please can any1 tell me the difference between the different types and if there are any compatability issues between transducer and digidash. Also I used to have the wiring instructions but my computer died so I lost it, if anyone can email it to me then that would be great. Anything else I need to consider?

(I don't have my computer fixed so I am using computers here there and everywhere when I get time!)

Thanks Guys

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When you say Nexia, I presume you mean Daewoo Nexia, which look like a Mk 2 Astra, of which the GTE's have a digi dash.
    You're getting confused between the Transducer, and the actual clocks themselves. The transducer is what plugs into the gearbox to convert the signal from the speedo drive, into an electrical signal.
    When you say "Tick type" you mean the Dash itself. Some of the GTE's has a Rev counter theat looked like an upside down Nike tick, where the bar would illuminate up to the right as your revs increase, the drop off after reaching what some people believe to be the maximum power point. The other GTE's had a rev counter which was a smooth arc, like a quater circle.
    There are 2 types of transducer available. AH type, and AK type. One for each type of dash. (Very hard to come by, and quite pricey from Vaux).
    Have a look HERE.
    It's from a nova site, but holds some good info and there is a guide to what wires do what on the digi dash, and what they need to be wired upto. Just remember that the wire colour on your car will not be the same as on the guide, so you will have to work out which of your wires are which.
    Personally, i can't see it working as the transducer may not fit your gearbox. But good luck.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey....thanks for the info. I had a look at my existing gearbox speedo sender and would you believe it already uses a connector that fits an AH transducer with the same colour wires so I am hoping that I won't even need to change the transducer!

Do you know which transducer goes with which dash?

Thanks mate

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They don't. it's purely chance. Only way you know when you've got the right one is, if the speed reads half the actual speed, or double the actual speed then its the wrong transducer type. Simple as that.

Edit:
    Some dashes allow you to switch between transducers using the red button on top of the dash. But the button on some other dashes are for tyre sizes and hardly effect the speed reading.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if your looking for a digi dash, i have 2 for sale mate, both come with the transducer that was from the car each one came out of, so will work no probs
    pm me if your interested mate
    Arden Blue GSI (Now gone)
    White Scooby WRX STI (Now stolen)