Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i just beat a series 2 lotus elise.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i just beat a series 2 lotus elise.

my mate has an s2 lotus elise which has a race inlet manifold, induction kit, sports exhaust, remap and coil overs.

well not sure what power it is(160bhp standard) but was driving along yesturday and came up against him at a red light. told him id done some engine mods and he put the car down saying "bet its still slow, ill race you"! well i thought id have a go-not expecting to beat him but to see how long i could keep up for! lights turned green, he benefitted from rwd and got about 20 yards in front, then i gained traction, caught up with him and slowly left him! at the next lights he said, "f*^k me thats fast, what did you say youd done to it again?

well, there is a question here... what power do you reckon id be pushing to beat him? hes raced m3's tuned rx7's and lots more, and reckons hes beat them. cant wait to get it rolling roaded!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Sounds like you need to improve taction, not power to beat your mate!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What do you drive then?

must me some weapon to beat an elise as they've got that all important super low power to weight ration coupled with that rwd system,

BTW hope this was on a private road

*Edit* just seen your other post about your car, an ACT, even if your car was tuned I'd still have doubts as to whether you'd beat an elise with mods, for starters they weigh as much as an empty biscuit tin with RWD, what have you done to the astra?
    Drives '04 Vectra SRi 2.0T

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    banished to the pub talk forum !

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hmmm, doesn't sound right to me. One things for sure, show the elise some bends and it's bye bye ACT
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev

*Edit* just seen your other post about your car, an ACT, even if your car was tuned I'd still have doubts as to whether you'd beat an elise with mods, for starters they weigh as much as an empty biscuit tin with RWD, what have you done to the astra?
    thats exactly my thoughts. ive hardly done anything to it- pre cat removed, courtney filter, courtney p/pipe, iridium plugs set to 0.61, derestricted air box, veccy pipe, catback, vxr turbo and a remap by chipped uk- holding 14-15 psi boost and 20psi overboost.

i know this seems very hard to believe- there are people on here with much bigger specs and we all know how quick elises are, but for that exact reason, why would i try lying?

Quote Originally Posted by Sten
    Hmmm, doesn't sound right to me. One things for sure, show the elise some bends and it's bye bye ACT
    agreed- round a track, it will probably lap me twice but this was on a straight!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not totally out of the question - Elises (apart from the 111R) run out of puff at the top end.
    I had a tussle with one in the R32 and once I was past 50, I motored ahead.

The 160bhp ones are VERY quick though.
    Ex Golf R32, now mk5 Astra Estate 1.9CDTi (150PS, 232ftlb) Design on fat alloys.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    so you beat a smaller engined 1800cc car with no turbo , doesnt that just show how good the Lotus is ?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    there was a video going around not so long ago with an elise racing the mighty veyron

http://www.m1gst.com/vb/showthread.p...ghlight=veyron

so you must have a very quick car or he wasn't trying
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darwin
    so you beat a smaller engined 1800cc car with no turbo , doesnt that just show how good the Lotus is ?
    I think LIGHT is the operative word.
    Power goes a long way when it's only pushing about 800kgs along.

I test drove the 111R and that was a bloody quick little machine. Tested it accompanied by Lotus' chiefc test driver which was nice.
    Ex Golf R32, now mk5 Astra Estate 1.9CDTi (150PS, 232ftlb) Design on fat alloys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast