Thread: Coupe Moulded Mudflaps

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Coupe Moulded Mudflaps

Does anyone have any pictures of the Mudflaps Below on there Coupe! Onle after the Fronts Really, and how do they attach

Cheers
    THE STATEMENTS MADE ABOVE ARE MERELY MY OPINION AND SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS STATEMENTS OF FACT UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ive got mudflaps fitted to my coupe and trust me they are a right pain in the arse!!!

Before you fit them, I suggest you trim the front ones by 30mm cos when I originally fitted them on standard 16" rims and stand suspenssion they rubbed when going around corners... even more so when i had a full load. Speed bumps, especially with the plastic ones they have in car parks.

Some people just simply screw them to the plastic arch... but in doing this, i dont think you get a good fit on the outside as it leaves quite a big gap. So i used the clips that are provided.

You will get two clips for each mudflap... the opening on these is quite small/narrow so you will need to make it wider. Once you have done this you need to slightly cut the plastic inner arch so you can 'clip' the mudflap to the body work. You need to have some patience as its very very fiddly so take your time.

I also suggest that you screw the bottm of the mudflap to the side of the skirt cup (I still need to do this)

Here are some pics of the mudflaps fitted... If you want i'll get some pics of how the clips are fitted.
    Let me know if you need any more info

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Cheers Mate! Have you got any pics as though your looking at it inside the arch and any from a distance so you can see the whole car so i know what the y look like on!

Cheers
    THE STATEMENTS MADE ABOVE ARE MERELY MY OPINION AND SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS STATEMENTS OF FACT UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    These are the only pics I have at the moment. I'll get some pics of the innner arch later.

* ignore the arty effect?!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dave_coupe
    Cheers Mate! Have you got any pics as though your looking at it inside the arch and any from a distance so you can see the whole car so i know what the y look like on!

Cheers
    Got some more pics for you mate:

Some info on fitting

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Nice one Mate can see they work looking at the state of your arches....lol

Will invest in some for the winter me thinks!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Deffo agree about trimming them - although the previous owner of my car obviously drove on bumpy roads, as they have worn away to the correct length now lol!
    I>< Silver Coupe ><I