Thread: sound proofing

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sound proofing

hey guys thinking of getting an astra soon and i wanna sound proof the whole car but i recently put my corsa in for an mot and i had to remove my install so they could check the boot floor for rust so my question is if i sound proof boot floor will i be able to get an mot? cheers

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ive never had any problems with mot! On mine they just put 'could not check' on the form! still passes!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    how long would it take to do the whole car?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the whole car took me little over 4 days, thats striping the interior out, sound deadening then refitting it all! not a hard job to do, just really time consuming. and i didnt even get started on the firewall or behind the dash!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    wont be goin that far just wanna start from back and go to say just over gear stick area

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had the same thing as Moley with my Punto, i spoke to the guy at the garage telling him i had my sub box screwed down to a peice of wood in the boot and i didn't really want this to be disturbed.. He said its ok we'll just mark down that we couldn't check the spare tyre or that it didn't have one something along those lines anyway. I've never read the slip, just kinda paid up and left..

Hope that helps.
    ~Not long now people~

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sorry to hijack this thread but i have two questions
    - how much will it cost to sound proof the boot and the two front doors roughly?
    - and is it worth it?
    Got XBOX LIVE? Gimme a game!
    Gamertag: DOGBOY14

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    really depends what type of sound deadening you use mate, theres the dynamat extream that costs the earth but does the job extreamly well, or you have the extreamly low cost version flashing tape! Either way its all worth it, any deadening is better than none! i got 5 rolls for £50 of ivanhoe, and for me that completly done the 2 front doors, inside and outside skins. so it also depends how much you want to do, like both door skins? boot side walls or just the boot floor? sorry not much help, but it depends on so many things!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it costs a fortune for a bit of tape dont it!? thought £30 would just about do the whole car out lol!
    Got XBOX LIVE? Gimme a game!
    Gamertag: DOGBOY14

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i fitted dynamat extreme on mk3 astra to cover every square inch of my boot floor, inside the boot lid, inside rear quarter panels and the back of all the plastic trim panels from the boot area and boot lid. Also done all four doors inside and outside skins as well as the back of each door card.

WOW WOW WOW is all i could say. the sound difference was amazing and this was using standard speakers with a DAB cd/radio. I could crank the volume to ear splitting levels and not have a single bit of panels or metal vibrations.

yes its expensive but does exactly what is supposed to do, and theres no point in spending hundreds/thousands on ice for it not to sound its best. It could also pay for itself because you might not need to change/upgrade to bigger speakers or amps or head unit because it brings the best out of your current gear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast