Thread: im new but need help please

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry im new but need help please

hi im new and it might seem like im taking the juice but im in need of help ive got a two door astra 1.6 16v sport on a t reg and what i need to know is how the timing belt configaration goes. i do all my own mechanics that i can but im stuck on this one forgot to draw a pic of the way the belt goes round the pulleys .what i need is a pic or a diagram .i know what you all must be thinking get a haynes manual? but do they do one? need help a.s.a.p please if someone has got a diagram they could email me it would be much appreciated thanks karl huds24valve

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    easiet way mate i think is get a haynes manuel should tell you everything you need to know mate...

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie69
    easiet way mate i think is get a haynes manuel should tell you everything you need to know mate...
    thanks for the quick reply

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Yes Haynes do one for your car(book No 3758 ), i have a copy here, it does not have a diagram you are looking for, i have a book at work which does, how despert are you for it?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizla
    Yes Haynes do one for your car(book No 3758 ), i have a copy here, it does not have a diagram you are looking for, i have a book at work which does, how despert are you for it?
    very desparete for it need the car for work monday but if it comes to it i can always call on a mate for a lift .thanks for the reply

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Haynes manual does show the routing, it's on page 2B 11 and is pic 7.13.

Belt goes like this, starting at the bottom and going to the front of the engine. Starts round the crank gear, up and between the front pulley and the central guide, up around both cam pulleys, down and between the rear pulley and the central guide just like the front pulley, round the water pump with the belt going to the rear side of the pulley, out of the water pump and up over the cam belt tensioner, round that and back to where you started at the crank gear. It's very easy to route but not so easy to get it place, it must be fairly tight when you fit it, any undue slack and you've routed wrong. Hardest part is understanding how the cambelt tensioner works, rest is easy except perhaps getting the bottom auxilliary belt pulley off the end of the crank. Now that's difficult without an impact gun. So much so I went and bought me a nice 18V impact wrench
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)

Smile

This is the picture 7.13, out of the haynes manual. hope this is some help

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)