Thread: need help ?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

need help ?

just had a new engine fitted from vauxhall coz the old one was shafted do i need to register the new engine with that car ?? no one seemed sure at the stealership ? also when having a look on the ramps it was pointed out that i needed a new centre section and back box is it more cost effective to upgrade than renew standard parts ? was thinking of going to power flow and getting a cat back stainless put on it any one have any suggestions ? will have to post some pics up later on if i can work out how ...
    1.6 16v zaffy getting there slowly ...............

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    By law, you will be required to inform DVLA of the new engine code number of your fresh engine, quite a hefty fine can be imposed if not done but I've never personally heard of anyone being done.Also,when you sell the car, if the potential buyer checks the engine number and finds that it does not match the number on your V5 they are likely to walk away without buying your car, I'm pretty sure i would!

Regarding replacement exhausts, yes it may well be more cost effective to upgrade up a performance version, but also get quotes from independant garages/tyre fitters etc to get prices on direct replacement parts,surely cheaper than main dealer.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    am swaying more toward the powerflow route at the mo ! going down there on wednesday for a chat with them as i might get one put on my sintra as well ! have been told thet a cat back system will cost around £150 fitted and for a little more i can have two pipes out the arse end , descisions descisions !?!

ANY ONE GOT ANY PICS OF A ZAF WITH TWIN EXHAUSTS ??
    1.6 16v zaffy getting there slowly ...............