Status
    BAFPCITS
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Crazy!!! Maybe Not!

Read the image:

At first it sounds just lke a crazy nutcase idea thought up bu a crazy policeman ( Richard Burnstorm )..

But as I read it, it made sense.. We all pay road tax right? ( well apart from a few jebends ), and road tax goes towards the road right? ( should do but probably used to pay for illegal immigrants ).. So, should we all not have nice safe roads to travel on? ( yes we should I hear you all say )..

So, if an accident happens because the road condition at the time was dangerous, is that the drivers fault? I dont think so. Should the drivers insurance pay for any damage, not if it was'nt his fault.. So in some strange way, Richard Brunstorm is making sense for a change and not just doing his best to hurt motorists..

Obviouslt he is talking about when someone dies but I am sure this would be used in other accidents in the long run..
    Mr Sploodge, Accept No Imitations!

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sploodge
    So, if an accident happens because the road condition at the time was dangerous, is that the drivers fault?

Of course it is (shall I call you Skot )

It is the drivers responsibilty to drive to suit the conditions, whether it be rain, sleet, snow, or potholes, or bad surface or whatever.

End of discussion !

Status
    BAFPCITS
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M40COO

It is the drivers responsibilty to drive to suit the conditions, whether it be rain, sleet, snow, or potholes, or bad surface or whatever.

End of discussion !
    LOL @ the Skot comment but I dont agree with you there COO.. There are circumstances were it cannot possibly be the drivers fault.

Say you are driving along a road at night perfect wether doing 50 and hit a pothole, pop a tyre and hit a fence ( just an example )... How can that be the drivers fault? Unless there was a masive neon sigh saying "POTHOLE AHEAD" then there was no possible way of knowing.

I am not saying there should be a massive free for all on compensation claims but surely some of the blame has to be passed on to those responsible for maintaining the roads if its condition at the time caused an accident.
    Mr Sploodge, Accept No Imitations!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i agree with sploodge, if the condition of the road caused the accident the council should be liable, agree with coo as well if the conditions are affected by weather conditions etc we should drive to suit those conditions
    Now has a clio - dont ban me

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    can see both sides on this. but if you hit the pot hole they say you were driving without undue care and attention to not see it unless it was totally unavoidable i'e car coming opposite way to miss it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

End of discussion !
    hardly the drivers fault if the pothole is unnoticable until you acctually hit it, the councils have a get out clause anyway..all they have to do is say they checked the road for defects previous to the claim
    My ambition is to live forever,.. so far so good

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huffanpuff
    hardly the drivers fault if the pothole is unnoticable until you acctually hit it, the councils have a get out clause anyway..all they have to do is say they checked the road for defects previous to the claim
    then they should have job sheets from the work carried out or lots of council workers are parked up in vans saying yeah we did it and not doing anything. oh wait thats sounds right

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lmao, the ultimate insult i think

Im sat on the fence on this one. I agree that as road tax payers we can expect to have our roads maintained and if an accident is genuinely down to the condition of the road then yes the council should be held liable. But in my opinion its far more likely to be driver error, I personally have never felt out of control as a result of a damaged road... Besides, try proving you were driving safely and responsibly
    Astra 1.8 SRi, Z18XE, 5 Door, Star Silver ---RIP 18/12/2006---
    Vectra B 2.0 DTi LS